Intel Firmware Architecture and Design Engineer in Hudson, Massachusetts
Intel Server Firmware Architecture, Design and Validation team is looking for a Firmware Architecture and Design Engineer to join our team.
In this position you will help us with the following responsibilities:
• Specify and implement CPU power, performance, and thermal management algorithms, as well as other CPU control and management functions.
• Architect and design embedded firmware solutions on micro-controllers that work within system-level design constraints.
• Define interfaces between hardware, firmware, and software.
• Analyze existing algorithms and implementations for defects and weaknesses and propose changes to improve function and performance.
• Use knowledge and experience to influence architecture and design for future products.
Behavioral traits that we are looking for:
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid attention to technical detail, problem solving skills, and tolerance to ambiguity.
• Willing to multi-task and work in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
• You must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related field with 5+ years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience.
Your experience should be in one or more of the following areas:
• Low-level software/firmware programming skills in assembly and C/C++.
• Programming languages: C/C++, Ruby, Perl, Python.
• Hardware/Software interfaces, interactions, and debug.
• Microprocessor development.
• IA-32 architecture/micro-architecture, microprocessors, and computer system architecture.
• Validation and/or testing, especially in processor design teams.
• CPU power management.
• Platform architecture and operating system knowledge.
• Pre-Silicon or Post-Silicon debug experience.
• UNIX command-line tools.
Are you passionate about this opportunity and ready to help us create the next generation of CPU technologies that will transform the future? If so, then we encourage you to apply
Inside this Business Group
In the Design Engineering Group (DEG), we take pride in developing the best-in-class SOCs, Cores, and IPs that power Intel’s products. From development, to integration, validation, and manufacturing readiness, our mission is to deliver leadership products through the pursuit of Moore’s Law and groundbreaking innovations. DEG is Intel’s engineering group, supplying silicon to business units as well as other engineering teams. As a critical provider of all Intel products, DEG leadership has a responsibility to ensure the delivery of these products in a cost efficient and effective manner.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Texas, Austin
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site.
- Intel Jobs