Parker Hannifin Corporation Ship/Receive Supervisor I in Haverhill, Massachusetts
Ship/Receive Supervisor I
MA-Haverhill, United States
Group: Filtration Group N. America
Job Family: Manufacturing
Job ID: 12155-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Department Marketing Statement
Industrial Gas Filtration and Generation Division, Parker Hannifin Corp, specializes in the design, manufacture and distribution of compressed air & gas treatment, on-site gas generation systems and clean air solutions.
Supervises the activities of the Shipping/Receiving and Warehouse areas to ensure proper and expeditious material flow. Assists in overseeing the functions of the department.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the shipping clerks in the generation of pick lists for all customer orders.
- Coordinates activities of the Receiving department for staffing, material flow and storage for all incoming goods and materials.
- Schedules and monitors all activities in the applicable area(s) of responsibility to deliver quality product to internal and external customers on time.
- Ensures that the work environment is safe for all employees affected.
- Maintains Team Improvement Boards and all other metrics employed in the area.
- Conducts daily safety huddles.
- Leads High Performance Team projects and initiatives.
- Maintains conformance to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards by ensuring all documentation is current, accurate and being followed.
- Completes Performance Evaluations and timecards for all non-exempt employees in the applicable areas.
- Ensures that material transactions are conducted accurately to ensure proper material count and locations.
- Reviews daily shipping requirements to ensure that product is available, picked, packaged and shipped in an accurate and timely manner. Takes actions necessary to correct any problems.
- Generates proper documentation for all shipping destinations.
- Determines most efficient assignment of freight for commercial carriers.
- Ensures proper receipt of incoming goods for accuracy and compliance to Parker purchase order direction.
- Performs cycle counts and other standard inventory activities as necessary to maintain accurate inventory balances.
- Organizes and maintains the warehouse in an orderly and efficient manner.
- Ensures that all employees are trained to required standards (HAZMAT, NAFTA, DOT, etc.)
EDUCATION: • High school diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: • 5 plus years of material handling experience in a Shipping / Receiving environment. • 3+ years leadership experience required SKILLS: • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. • Strong understanding of Import/Export Compliance • Organizational and interpersonal skills. • Computer skills including MS Office, Lotus Notes and ability to learn Parker business systems. • Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf