Vinfen Clubhouse Counselor II in Haverhill, Massachusetts
As a Clubhouse Counselor II, you provide individual and group support to the members of the Clubhouse. Through assessment and development of Individual Action Plan (IAP) goals, Clubhouse counselors work in partnership with Clubhouse members to improve life skills and self-determination within the established work areas of the Club, as well as in social and community activities.
Additionally, Clubhouse Counselor II positions provide specific expertise for and/or leadership in one or more Clubhouse work areas, including Employment/Education (EE) area; Communication, Art, and Social Recreation (CASR) area; Intake, Orientation, Outreach, and Housing (IOOH) area; and/or Health, Wellness, and Life Skills (HWLS) area.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, support staff, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field is preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years experience in Human Services required.
- Advanced training, experience, or professional credentials are required for Clubhouse Counselor II positions.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment and the ability to coach and mentor.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
This position requires Saturday hours on a rotational basis.
POSITION TYPE: Full time - Regular
Pay Rate: $16.72 / hour