Baystate Health Medical Lab Technician - Per Diem in Greenfield, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Per Diem Medical Lab Technician to join our Laboratory team at Baystate Franklin Medical Center!
Resume Required with Application
Baystate Franklin Medical Center is an 89-bed community hospital in Greenfield, MA. Rooted in a rich tradition of service and accountability to the people of Franklin County, North Quabbin, and surrounding communities, BFMC services include emergency, surgery, cancer, heart and vascular, obstetrics, and more.
More than 200 physicians on active and courtesy staff
More than 24,000 Emergency Department visits annually
More than 400 babies delivered each year in The Birthplace – a progressive, midwife-driven service.
Training site for the Family Medicine residency, and for residents in emergency medicine, surgery, and obstetrics programs based at Baystate Medical Center
Franklin Medical Center joined Baystate Health in 1986
Rooted in a rich tradition of 125 years of service and accountability, our highly skilled team is committed to advancing care with our state-of-the art facilities and technology. Baystate Franklin houses a $26 million surgical center and the talented surgical teams of the Baystate Health network. Our spacious pre-surgery, recovery, and family waiting areas offer privacy and comfort with natural light, healing gardens, and other amenities. Our multidisciplinary approach gives you access to specialists from across the Baystate Health system, offering comprehensive and collaborative medical treatments close to home.
For more information, please visit us online at: baystatehealthjobs.com or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers
All correspondence can be directed to:
Cole Courtemanche, Healthcare Recruiter
Possesses and utilizes basic technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as instrumentation. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.
Individual is expected to achieve certification within one year of eligibility to maintain employment in current position.
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results.
2) Carries out analytical procedures utilizing manual or automated methods, following written protocols. Under the supervision of a MLT ll or higher level, verifies validity of results prior to reporting by observing established quality control criteria prior to reporting. Produces results that meet established departmental standards for accuracy and precision with minimal repetition or problems.
3) Under the supervision of a MLT ll or higher level, performs assays and reports results within established Turnaround Times. Learning to prioritize work and maintain acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Learning to perform basic trouble shooting of instrumentation, referring issues to mentor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
7) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Prior experience in a hospital lab setting
Skills and Competencies:
1) BA BS: In process of formal orientation to specific job requirements within department
2) AS MLT: Possesses basic level of technical ability and knowledge
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children’s Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
- Baystate Health Jobs