Applied Materials Manager II, Operations Management in Gloucester, Massachusetts
Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final test which is related to the manufacturing of the company's capital equipment and systems, electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and/or components, subassemblies and subsystems.
Prioritizes production schedules based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity and materials requirements.
Participates in operational meetings. Supports the development and tracking of organization performance metrics. Schedules and conducts milestone meetings. Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; acts as an interface in the establishment of and ensuring conformance to customer/vendor requirements; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action.
Oversees the prevention of employee accidents and injuries. Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all department employees (including temporaries) receive and follow appropriate department training including Environmental, Health and Safety training. Implements, emphasizes importance of, and monitors compliance to appropriate safety policies and procedures.
Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching. Manages the employee selection, hiring, reward and discipline processes.
Support the analysis of and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status.
Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities. Drives Lean, Safety and Quality. Takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families.
- Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the business unit, department or sub-function
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issuesMay be required to interact with outside customers, vendors or suppliers
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Applied Materials Jobs