Heywood Hospital Registered Nurse, Perioperative Services Float in Gardner, Massachusetts
Perioperative Services Float RN is a valuable member of the Perioperative, Endoscopy and Surgical team. Perioperative Services RN functions proficiently as a SDC, PACU, PAT, Endoscopy, Radiology or Nuclear Medicine RN. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: checking patients in prior to surgery, completing medication reconciliation record & safety check in accordance with Heywood Healthcare Universal Protocol, verifying results of pertinent pre-operative diagnostic tests, initiating patient’s IV and pre-operative medications, educating patients and family of post-op care and completing the discharge process and recovering patients in PACU.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 1 year of Med/Surg, ICU, ED or peri-operative services experience
- Minimum 6 months of recent PACU, SDC or radiology experience preferred
Minimum Licenses and Certifications
- Current RN license in MA
- Current BCC, AHA BLS, ACLS and PALS certifications are required
- Excellent communication, critical care and critical thinking skills are a must
- Must take call as determined by the needs of perioperative services (for example, Nuclear Medicine)
Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands), and feels (perceiving attributes of items such as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of fingertips). Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), and kneels (bending the legs at knee to come to rest on knee or knees).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Assesses (and reassesses), plans, implements, and evaluates nursing interventions/plans of care/patient goals.
- Provides patient care based on standards of care, standards of practice, protocols, and established policies and procedures.
- Respects each patient as an individual; provides care that fosters the patient’s sense of dignity and positive self-regard.
Statement of Other Duties
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Hospital
Department: HH. P.A.C.U.,6520
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 652030100603
Position Hours: Per Diem
Weekend Frequency: Optional call consistent with per diem grid
Holiday Rotation: optional call consistent with per diem grid
Job Title: Registered Nurse, Perioperative Services Float
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 10/05/2020