Heywood Hospital Radiology Technologist, Heywood Medical Group in Gardner, Massachusetts
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology with A.S. in Radiology Technology or equivalent is preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous experience performing Radiology procedures or equivalent experience as determined by the department manager.
- [Massachusetts, United States] Radiologic Technologists and Technicians American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R) and MDPH Radiology License are required.
- Quality conscious; interpersonal skills; flexible in achieving multiple tasks; dependable; organized; independent judgment; high technical skills.
- CPR certified.
Physical Requirements:Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoop (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), crouches (bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine), and feels (perceiving attributes of items as size, shape, temperature, or texture by means of the fingertips).
Behavioral Attributes:The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Identify the correct patient to receive radiology or laboratory service, verifies physician orders, as well as posts orders to ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Systematically gather and evaluate relevant information and data from the patient interview and/or from patient information services.
- Identify variations from expected findings and/or test values.
- Take appropriate action when variations are identified.
- Plans for and provides patient teachings.
- Identifies situations when it is appropriate to involve the family and /or significant other and/or friends in patient’s education.
- Prioritizes requests based on the nature of request and the condition and/or situation of the patients.
- Assesses and reassesses the patient’s condition.
- Coordinates and communicates with other healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive patient service and care.
- Works together to complete assignments with departmental and healthcare team members.
- Performs order entry on each radiographic test ordered, by accessing the Meditech Computer System.
- Accesses a listing of ordered exams and identifies special instructions to ensure safe and thorough test processing.
- Orders all radiographic tests via the Meditech Computer System so that correct radiographic tests are ordered allowing for proper billing and so patients receive the requested examination with accurate results being printed.
- Organize and maintain all radiographic files, including film storage jackets, patient file cards, and film release records.
- Organize and maintain all logs and files related to HUC Laboratory and Radiology Services so that compliance and order is maintained, radiographic films are properly stored and easily retrievable, and so patients’ radiology information is current and systematically organized.
- Conduct warm up procedures and safety checks on all radiographic equipment, as well as, reports any operating concerns to the manager for follow up.
- Perform various diagnostic radiographic examinations according to policy and procedures outlined in the Heywood Medical Group Manual.
- Operate the Heywood Urgent Care Radiology Services so that physicians and radiologists report positive feedback on the quality of films processed at HUC and so the radiographic equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Maintain established par levels on all Laboratory/Radiology Department Supplies so that the Laboratory and Radiology Departments have adequate supplies and materials to provide excellent customer service.
- Follows pre-determined image criteria to assess radiographs to ensure all patients are well positioned and all anatomical information is on each view.
- Operates all diagnostic equipment to ensure proper image quality.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients by assuring that sharp objects, toxic substances and other objects potentially harmful to children are not accessible.
- Assures that the environment of care or services is free of objects which may contribute to the likelihood of patient falls, slips or trips. Makes readily available assistive devices for ambulation. Complies with policies and procedures relating to gait belts and similar devices.
- Operate the Heywood Urgent Care Laboratory Services so that correct lab testing occurs with the correct patient identified, and so patients have a positive experience.
- Reviews discordance reports daily and follows established protocol for follow-up on discordance.
- Coordinates work flow in Practice Radiology and performs all diagnostic image procedures in remote radiology setting and other duties and locations as assigned.
Statement of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Facility: Heywood Medical Group
Department: HMG TULLY WALK-IN,2002.70144
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 2002.2005
Position Hours: 38
Shift: All Shifts
Weekend Frequency: Every Other
Holiday Rotation: Every Other
Job Title: Radiology Technologist, Heywood Medical Group
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 03/24/2021