Heywood Hospital Lead Vaccinator, Vaccine Clinic, 32 Hours, Day/Evening Shift in Gardner, Massachusetts
The Lead vaccinator is an essential member of the vaccine clinic leadership team. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: training and oversight of the vaccinators; ensuring adequate staffing in the vaccination area; flow and throughput in the vaccination section of the clinic
Minimum Licenses and Certifications
- Active RN, APP, MD required.
Minimum Work Experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and solution oriented positive attitude required.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have professional experience which highlights attention to detail
- The ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively and courteously with all personnel in a high-volume setting.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands)
Job performance reflects compliance with Heywood’s performance standards; telephone etiquette, providing directions and first impressions
- Coordinates the flow and throughput of the vaccination area throughout the day
- Communicates with the volunteer coordinator and the clinic’s shift supervisor to ensure appropriate staffing and provides training as needed
- Assesses patients for allergies prior to vaccine administration, appropriately and safely administers vaccines, responds to medical emergencies if needed
- Addresses and documents any adverse events or incidents and reports them to the clinic’s director
- Adheres to and enforces infection prevention and control guidelines of the vaccination clinic
- Appropriately prioritizes tasks adjusting to changing workload as necessary (e.g. seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources, recognizes high priority situations, etc.)
- Attends meetings as requested by vaccine clinic’s leadership
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with all members of the vaccine clinic’s team through responsiveness, accuracy of information and professionalism
- Job performance reflects compliance with Heywood’s performance standards; telephone etiquette, providing directions and first impressions
- Provides leadership and input as necessary to ensure smooth, efficient operations and positive customer relations
Statement of Other Duties
**This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
Job Title: Lead Vaccinator, Vaccine Clinic, 32 Hours, Day/Evening Shift
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 04/09/2021