Heywood Hospital Health Testing Associate in Gardner, Massachusetts
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in a medical office preferred
- Good customer service/interpersonal skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers and electronic medical records is required
- Ability to work flexible shifts, evening, and weekends required
- Reliable transportation for travel between locations
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions to support office such as typing, filing, scheduling appointments, making phone calls, and related duties as required or directed.
- Reviews laboratory results. Ensures abnormal results are brought to the attention of the physician and others as appropriate.
- Maintains records, reports, logs, and other statistical information as required or directed.
- Processes medical records incoming and outgoing according to practice guidelines and regulations.
- Schedules and coordinates patient visits and medical procedures, for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Registers patients for each visit, utilizing computer based registration/scheduling system.
- Verifies patients insurance coverage and eligibility.
- Maintains assigned office and/or clinical supplies. Assures accurate inventory of supplies based on approval levels Rotates stock as required. Initiates requisitions for re-supply or special items.
- Completes tasks associated with clinical inbox/practice buckets (personal, practice referral, medical record and others assigned) proficiently and in a timely manner.
- Instruments and equipment are prepared and sterilized according to procedure to support infection control.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Demonstrates use of quality improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility, and acceptance toward all employees, patients, and visitors. Attends all H.E.A.R.T. trainings.
- Provide coverage when needed at other locations within Heywood Medical Group.
- Participates in quality measures tracking and reporting.
- Completes all Annual Mandatory Education as required.
- All other duties and locations as assigned.
Statement of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described
Facility: Heywood Medical Group
Department: HMG URGENT CARE,27220
Regular or Temporary Position: Regular
Position Control #: 2002.70020.8335
Position Hours: 40
Job Title: Health Testing Associate
Location: Gardner, Massachusetts
Posted Date: 01/31/2021