Tenet Healthcare Medical Secretary Clinic Service Per Diem Days in Framingham, Massachusetts
Medical Secretary Clinic Service Per Diem Days - 2105039266
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
1. Answers telephone and directs/forwards calls appropriately and takes accurate phone messages in a professional manner.
2. Obtains necessary patient demographics. Obtains prior authorizations. Schedules pretesting, surgeries, and procedures within hospital when applicable
3. Receives and obtains referrals and forwards them appropriately, when applicable.
4. Produces correspondence from dictation, drafts, etc, proofreads
5. Photocopies all documents when appropriate.
6. Open and distribute mail daily.
7. Prioritizes schedule and strives to make best use of time to ensure all assignments are completed on time.
8. Familiar with Athena reminder call system and report
9. Ability to scan insurance card in the system
10. Ability to check eligibility and verify insurance coverage for each patient
11. Check in and out patients in a professional manner
12. Project professional and friendly image at all time
13. Work as a team with all the staff, department and vendors
14. Have an understanding of all communication system including fax, phones, internet
15. Ability to open and scan document in Athena Clinical
16. Monitor the flow of messages thru Athena EMR
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Experience Required: Must be organized, always pleasant and helpful on phones, quick, efficient and accurate. Some familiarity with medical-office procedures and medical terminology important. Must be computer-literate. Flexibility to fill in for vacations and absences. Ability to work well and with others in an open office environment essential with a professional and positive attitude. Must be bi-lingual (Spanish/Portuguese).
Job : Non-Clinical/Administrative
Primary Location : MA-Framingham
Hospital/Facility : MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: : PT2Y
Shift Type: : Days
Req ID: 2105039266