Staples Cyber Security Rotational Program (Summer 2023) in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples is seeking innovative individuals who combine superb technical, analytical and communication skills to join our team. Have you ever wanted to be part of a startup, but with the backing of a multi-million-dollar company? Do you want to work on cutting edge technology and drive key projects? Now is your chance!
As a Cybersecurity Rotational Associate, you will be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team responsible for safeguarding our virtual environment. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our growing business.
You will have the opportunity to spend 4, 6-month rotations across Cybersecurity subdisciplines, including:
· Threat & Vulnerability Management
· Governance, Risk & Compliance
· Application Security
· Identity & Access Management
· Protection Services
Your responsibilities as a rotational associate will vary based on the specific rotation you are in and may involve more advanced work in:
· Incident handling (preparation, detection & analysis, remediation, containment & recovery, post-incident review)
· Configuring alerts/dashboard
· Reporting for bot & web access firewall activity
· Assisting in the development/refinement of business continuity, emergency readiness & disaster recovery plans
· Coding & security scanning to ensure protection of company applications
· Consulting with internal customers on general cybersecurity inquiries
· Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, data science/analytics, data security or related technology fields.
· Requires a GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Fundamental understanding of IT & security
o OSI model
o Operating systems (Linux, Windows, Network)
o Networking & routing protocols (TCP/IP)
o Adversary tools, techniques and procedures
§ Social engineering (phishing)
o Defense-in-depth architecture
§ Data, endpoint, network, edge controls
o Security+, Network+, A+, CCNA related coursework
· Passionate about cybersecurity with a basic understanding of cybersecurity principles
· Some experience or understanding of agile development methodologies
· Familiar with Azure AD, AWS, or GCP
· Introduction and basic understanding of web technologies and concepts, such as, HTTP/HTTPS, JSON, XML, C#
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong written/verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and organization skills, approachable, personable
· Interface with variety of customers in polite, positive, and professional manner
Staples will not sponsor candidates for work visas of any kind, now or in the future, for this position.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Staples Jobs