Aerotek Senior Accountant in Foxborough, Massachusetts
Well-known health/nutrition company with name-brand recognition based out of Foxborough, MA seeking a Accountant with 3-4 years of full-time experience. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience to support the interim Controller and work with the CFO.Description:
This person will be reporting to the Interim Controller and working with the CFO. Individual will be responsible for the monthly close, AR and AP process, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial reports, and developing and maintaining department budgets. This person will also be collecting information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Lead month end close process including preparation of journal entries and completion of reconciliations for various accounts
• Process vendor and consultant invoices and review against executed contracts
• Ensure timely processing of invoices to vendors
• Prepare weekly check runs and ACH payments
• Manage corporate credit card transactions and reconciliations
• Review travel and expense reports and ensure compliance with Travel & Expense policy
• Reconcile bank accounts, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, and other reconciliations as needed. Prepare audit workpapers to support balances and transactions
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports to management
• Prepare support and requests for annual audit and tax returns
• Offer solutions and suggestions for any process improvements or efficiencies in procedures
• Assist in ad hoc projects, and other duties as assigned
3+ years of accounting experience
Public/big 4 experience preferred
Understanding of US GAAP
Experience with month end close, journal entries and reconciliations
CPA - Preferred, not required
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs