Steward Health Care System Ultrasound Tech in Fall River, Massachusetts
Provides health care services, imaging modality to assist in diagnosis or treatment.
- Performs ultrasound procedures and related techniques, producing images for the interpretation by; or at the request of a licensed practitioner.
- Provides appropriate patient care (newborn, infant, child, adolescent, adult, geriatric.
- Satisfactory completion of a formal Ultrasound training program or equivalent training as specified by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- One to three years experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of diagnostic ultrasound procedures, equipment operation, radiation safety, positioning techniques, patient transfers, good communication skills, ability to handle multiple tasks/projects, ethical and professional conduct, good understanding of age-related developmental issues of pediatrics and geriatrics.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed as well as on-call duty, weekend rotations.
- Interest in participating in orientation/clinical education of student radiographers in accordance with clinical education center guidelines for radiologic technology program(s).
- Current ARDMS registered certification with RDMS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification Sonography with RT (S) designation.
- For technologist primarily performing vascular sonography: current ARDMS registered certification in Vascular Technology with RVT designation and/or current CCI registered certification as a Registered Vascular Specialist with RVS designation and/or current ARRT registered certification Vascular Sonography with RT(VS) designation.
- Current BLS certification required.