Wynn Las Vegas IT Network Engineering Manager Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
The Encore Boston Harbor Manager-*Network Engineering*is responsible for managing all routers, switches, firewalls, F5, Load balancers, PBX switch and associated equipment located in the Data Centers and telecom rooms including other appliances and Cyber Security hardware. This position works together with the Server Manager to ensure the total solution that forms the framework of the backbone of IT is resilient, documented, supported and provides minimum down time. This position also works closely with the Business Intelligence Group, CISO and Compliance teams. This includes, but is not limited to; the management of the department strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for departmental and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards: and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Manages short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Responsible for hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Plans, directs and coordinate activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Provides timelines and other project documents in a professional manner
- Works closely with the assigned user community (and through business technologists) to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Leverages applications for competitive advantage.
- Manages a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer.
- Creates strategy for products within the assigned vertical and translate that strategy into a product roadmap. The roadmap identifies the major areas, which are then detailed out as specific actionable requirements, making sure that the right features are built in the right order and at the right time.
- Ensures proper communication with the business ensuring that internal customers participate, drive many elements of this strategy and mediate competing needs among stakeholders. Work with the Senior Manager of the Business Intelligence Group (BIG) to find solutions to conflicting ideas and priorities while making progress on strategy and while keeping everyone satisfied.
- Works with the BIG Team and the Server Team to identify product improvement opportunities (based on problem management analysis). These will be prioritized with the business in conjunction with enhancements etc.
- Works with product vendors to ensure visibility of problems identified above and/or enhancement opportunities.
- Identifies new product development opportunities where solutions do not exist in the market.
- Works with business partners to review and screen products and vendors as needed.
- Provides subject matter/domain expertise within the assigned vertical.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
*Education and/or Experience: *
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 5 years of IT Technology (primarily router/switch/firewall/load balancers/security/PCI) experience required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred. Property pre-opening projects and IT operation experience in both gaming and hospitality experience preferred.
Successfully developed and implemented new technology preferred. Product Development and Engineering Experience or knowledge is preferred.
Strong product, financial, & technical knowledge to perform market and ROI analysis preferred.
Experience with research, trend analysis, and building relationships and alliances is preferred.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Certification and/or experience with the following systems a plus. Avaya Networking and PBX, Palo Alto firewalls, Juniper routers, VMWare NSX, Extreme switches and Extreme Wing wireless.
A thorough understanding of TCP/IP, routing and routed protocols.
Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher reports and maintain reports on request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the casino or property floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - Hotel
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 14/1/2021