Wynn Las Vegas Employee Relations Specialist Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR
Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
The Encore Boston Harbor Employee Relations Specialistwill support the Employee Relations Department. This position will ensure that the work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination and in compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws and regulations while providing excellent guest services. This includes but is not limited to: maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Provides counseling and guidance to team members on employee relations issues and investigates all team member allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, or any questionable behavior.
- Under guidance of leadership, recommends disciplinary action to include verbal, written, and separation.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Assists Company legal counsel in preparation of legal defense.
- Provides guidance, counsel, and instruction for management in the administration of human resources policies and procedures, to include all team member-related problems relative to attendance, seniority, work performance, discipline, and proper corrective action.
- Ensures that all federal, state, and local laws are followed and consistently applied throughout the property.
- Provides formal and informal training for management/supervisory staff on the collective bargaining agreement; applicable laws; policies and procedures; discipline and discharge; and federal, state, and local laws.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within areas of responsibility.
- Effectively manages internal guest relations, which may require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Responsible for addressing team member issues as appropriate.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members.
- Administers policies and procedures designed to increase the effectiveness of employee relations and improve relationships between management and hourly team members.
- Creates and maintains all required documentation in compliance with state, federal and local regulations, as well as company policy.
- Verifies all forms and documents for accuracy, completeness, and correct dates.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration, or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
*Education and/or Experience: *
Bachelor’s Degree or above in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum 2 years of Employee Relations or Human Resources experience preferred.
Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher reports and maintain reports on request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the property or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - HotelHuman Resources
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 7/4/2021