Wynn Las Vegas Apprentice Bartender - Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
The Encore Boston Harbor Apprentice Bartenderwill be responsible for working with and supporting the Bartender in the preparation of beverages and where appropriate, service of food items to guests dining at bar counters. This position requires a strong knowledge of beer, wine, champagne, liquor, and preparation of mixed drinks as well as an understanding of garnish preparations, health and sanitation standards. This includes, but is not limited to: fulfilling job responsibilities to support the department and maximizing opportunities for success; maintaining all Encore Standards; and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participates in short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Actively contributes to departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Follows that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and property-wide controls are enforced within the department.
- Delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Contributes to company-wide communication and best practices.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Assists with the setup and breakdown of the Bar before and after service.
- Helps to prepare garnish for beverage service.
- Assists with collection and transportation of dirty or soiled glassware.
- Polishes glassware for guest use.
- Cleans and maintains bar equipment and tools.
- Cleans and polishes guest facing elements of the bar, including decorative items.
- Delivers beverage service of high standard and in accordance with departmental standards and procedures.
- Where appropriate, assists with service of food to guests dining at bar counters.
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information.
- Up-sells and regularly replenishes beverages, abiding by responsible alcohol service regulations
- Converses with Guests about alcoholic beverages, advising the types and styles of beverage, taking beverage orders and serving beverage.
- Promotes, sells, makes and presents cocktails
- Serves coffee and tea hot and in accordance with standard
- Advises guests on alcoholic beverages
- Complies with legal provisions of local liquor codes
- Assesses guest’s intoxication level and takes appropriate action as needed
- Monitors factors which interfere with the total experience of the guest
- Maintains stock rotation in refrigerated and dry storage areas.
- Effectively operates the post-mix syrups bulk dispense system
- Operates the beer reticulation system
- Adheres to stock control procedures
- Professionally handles billing and payment of bills in compliance with established policies and procedures
- Strictly adheres to established policies and procedures with regard to the handling of payments, credit, house funds and shift hand over
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
21 years of age or above.
Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, including but not limited to an alcohol awareness card.
*Education and/or Experience: *
High school degree or equivalent preferred.
Minimum 3 years working in a bar position preferred.
Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills as well as excellent attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Conversational English required, second language a plus. Ability to write instructions. Ability to present information.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintains reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifty (50) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the kitchen floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - HotelRestaurant - Food Service
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 15/3/2021