Aerotek Production Technician in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Sets up injection molds, molding machines and auxiliary support equipment for production. Responsible for identifying defects and quickly providing process adjustments within allowable limits to eliminate defects.
• Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures. Notifies supervisor and/or management of any unsafe working conditions or practices.
• Wears required PPE per job hazard assessment as applicable
• Keep all work areas clean and organized. Actively Participates in 5S program.
• Perform any daily start up and shut down activities as required
• Maintain any production tooling as required
• Installs injection molds into molding machines to company procedures.
• Sets up injection molding machines to company procedures.
• Adhere to all process parameters and operational procedures.
• Document all results for processes performed as required.
• Prepares all auxiliary equipment for production support, including but not limited to drying equipment, degating equipment and packaging requirements.
• Prepares raw materials for production support.
• Supports other areas/functions within the department/facility when requested to support production operations.
• Performs equipment maintenance and troubleshoots operational issues with tooling, machines or auxiliary equipment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Responsible for identifying defects and quickly providing process adjustments within allowable limits to eliminate defects.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Shop math.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelors degree in a technical discipline desired.
· Experience working in a high technology electrical / engineering assembly environment is desired
· Manual dexterity and technical skills for plastics mixing and molding and other assembly skills.
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
· Ability to follow detailed work instructions
· Approachable personality with an open and communicative style for effective cooperation within the team
· Sense of organization and decision making capability for prioritizing tasks
· Basic computer skills
This is a manual production role. This typically involves working at a fixed desk or bench either sitting or standing and walking to and from various process stations. The work requires manual dexterity, attention to detail and the ability to use various hand tools. Production takes place in a modern facility with minimal ambient noise.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs