CTG MECHANICAL DESIGNER/ENGINEER II TECHNICAL DOC SPECIALIST in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
MECHANICAL DESIGNER/ENGINEER II TECHNICAL DOC SPECIALIST
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Nov 19, 2020Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking a Mechanical Designer/Engineer II Technical Doc Specialist for our client in Chelmsford, MA.
Project Location: Chelmsford, MA
Project Duration: 7 months
Support business tools by collaborating with teams working with PLM/PDM systems, change workflows, and product documentation. Additionally, engineering product definition, Bill of Material (BOM) configuration management and change control business systems. ECR/ECO Change Management.
• CAD documentation creation using Solid Works
• Working knowledge of PDM Professional software
• Utilizes PDM Professional configuration (setup, folders, moving/deleting/rollback of vault files)
• Utilizes meta-data and systems configuration management (data cards, search, system variables, etc.)
• Performs Task using CAD software and the proper use of the CAD storage vault and associated workflows
• Create and maintain engineering documentation including generation of detail, assembly, and component specification drawings.
• Understanding of configuration management best practices throughout the product lifecycle
• Work with supply chain, engineering, manufacturing, quality, program management, and other supporting functions in order to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes
• Interface with all key internal customers in order to accurately process changes and structure new products through the company’s ERP system.
• Own and manage complex change workflows
• Perform daily tasks including, but not limited to:
o ERP data entry
o Assigning new part numbers
o BOM creation
o CAD Drawing creation
o RED LINE Documentation creation
o Search for new component substitutions
• Associate's Degree or higher in an Engineering or Information Technology discipline from an accredited institution (Equivalent Work Experience 3-5 year can be substituted for Degree)
• Three or more (3+) years Advanced SolidWorks 3D CAD experience
• Three or more (3+) years SolidWorks PDM Professional (ePDM) experience in a manufacturing environment
• Previous experience with various software and business systems such as:
o ECR/ECO workflows
o Creates RED LINE documents and updates CAD Documentation/Drawings
o Product Data Management
o CAD Administration (SolidWorks, AutoCAD a plus)
o ERP software (SAP a strong plus)
• Ability to create and read engineering drawings and specifications, understanding of ANSI/ASME Y14.5
• Previous experience with BOM generation and configuration management
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering from an accredited university
• Strong communication and technical skills with the ability to quickly grasp technical issues/concepts.
• Experience working in a geographically diverse development organization with multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience with ISO audits, trade compliance and regulatory certification processes.
• Proven ability to exercise indirect leadership and work independently;
• Creative yet practical in problem solving and decision making
• Self-motivated, creative and strategic thinker
• Hands-on team player with positive attitude, takes ownership, results driven, strong attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Power Point, Word, Excel Visio
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group is required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Laura Dominguez at 888-284-6551 ext. 2114 or email@example.com. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development course
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Mechanical Engineering
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Work Remote: No
- CTG Jobs