Teleflex Line Lead in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Date: Nov 25, 2023
Location: Chelmsford, MA, US
Expected Travel : None
Requisition ID :8518
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
The Line leader will act as the first level of support to the line operations team and will be responsible for the smooth production flow and fulfillment of customer requirements at all times by monitoring, maintaining, and improving standard work throughout the line. The Line leader will be dedicated 20% of their time to maintaining the flow of production through the line and 80% to leading the frontline team and problem-solving activities, including driving daily improvement activities.
• Ensure line operations meet established performance standards and goals as defined in the daily management system and displayed on management control boards (safety, quality, service, performance, OPR).
• Assign work responsibilities and communicate priorities to the team. Performs work online as needed.
• Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of process standard work for all materials, people, equipment, work and test methods, and visual management controls.
• Record production volumes and abnormalities on line side tracking (hour-by-hour).
• Verify and maintain shift readiness including safety, equipment, materials, and tooling.
• Escalate unresolved issues to the supervisor and/or line support team (maintenance, quality, training, planner).
• Participate and leads as necessary the tier 1 and 2 meetings.
• Drives and maintains the 5S standards to promote a safe, visual, and organized workplace.
• Effectively perform and complete the shift handover process for the line with the outgoing/incoming Line Leader.
• Challenges the status quo and seek opportunities to continuously improve the standard work of the processes.
• Communicate and collaborate with other production Line Leaders and cross-functional support teams on a regular basis.
• Conduct training of new employees and conduct cross-training of employees to ensure the flexibility and effectiveness of team members.
• Foster team building within your team and across functional areas at all levels.
• Foster a high-performance work environment by learning and applying Lean principles and tools.
• Seek continuous improvement opportunities and eliminate waste.
• Assess performance data for trends and opportunities.
• Seek ways to make problems more visible.
• Promote a good work atmosphere, maintains overall control of the work areas, and encourage teamwork.
• Serve as the process expert for the assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, work instructions, quality regulations, SOPs, WI, cGMPs, and GDPs in the effort to manufacture high-quality medical devices always.
• Utilizing a variety of machinery and tools to complete assigned manufacturing activity, including microscopes.
• Completion of documentation following cGMP and FDA guidelines.
• Follow clean room protocols for hygiene, gowning, & PPE.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance of Teleflex's Code of Ethics, all company guidelines, policies, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
Education / Experience Requirements
• High School/Trade School or GED required.
• Minimum 3 years of manufacturing experience – medical device industry preferred.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Demonstrated ability to read and write English and to perform simple to complex mathematics.
• Ability to perform simple to complex mathematics.
• Will be trained relative to company policies and procedures in accordance with ISO and CE Mark expectations
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: Expected to Actively Develop
• Has a Sense of Purpose & Inspires others
• Has a desire & ability to “step up”
• Takes accountability
• Demonstrates critical judgment
• Communicates with Impact
• Builds and sustains relationships
• Plans and Organizes
• Is present & available
• Develops Leaders
• Builds High-Performance people & teams
• Invest in personal growth
• Develops Organization Capability
• Creates value for the customer
• Demonstrates Continuous Improvement via results.
• Creates a culture of inclusion & Involvement
• Makes the tough calls when the organization is not performing
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
• Required to have close visual acuity to assemble parts and to use a computer terminal.
• Sedentary work, walking, standing, fingering, feeling, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motion.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Teleflex Jobs