American Tower Project Manager, Shared Services in Cary, North Carolina
The Project Manager, Shared Services plans, directs, andcoordinates business activities and resources to ensure project goals andobjectives are accomplished within prearranged time frames and budgets. These technology or business process projectsare intended to optimize efficiency and/or the customer experience. The incumbent will manage small- tomedium-sized projects as well as teams that develop and carry out U.S.-basedOperations and IT projects. Theincumbent will lead and manage all aspects of each project from start to finish,including business process, scope, change and risk management of scope,schedule and costs/resources. TheProject Manager facilitates the resource management process by trackingresource skills and committed and actual effort, and by administering theresource scheduling system.
Manage from inception to successful implementation small- tomedium-sized internal process or technology projects, which will include:
defining project objectives, scope, and level of effort
- assigning duties, responsibilities, and scope of authorityto project personnel
- establishing a work plan for each project phase and arrangingfor recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- developing project strategies and plans and identifying requiredmethods and tools
- reviewing status reports prepared by project personnel andmodifying schedules or plans as required
- preparing project status reports for management and businessunit leaders
monitoring progress against plan
Review project proposals to determine time frame, fundinglimitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmentalresources to various project phases.
- Assist other project management personnel with creating timeblock and/or actual work plans for their assigned projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, andrequired tasks.
- Administer resource management scheduling system.
- Update project status summaries weekly for business managers.
- Provide visibility of resource utilization and availabilityto management.
- Communicate project issues, including timing, budget,resources, scope and more, to management and project sponsor.
- Collaborate closely with other Shared Services groups for processand system enhancements
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team membersthroughout the project life cycle.
- Adhere to best project management practices andmethodologies, such as Professional Management Institute or similar standards.
Other duties as assigned
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resourcesneeded to meet objectives
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies andmethodologies
- Strong project management skills, which includes experiencein organizing, planning, and executing from vision through implementation small-to medium-scale projects involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Ability to work with functional groups and different levelof employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicabledepartment timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including theability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multipletasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization ofduties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solidrelationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasksand respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilizetheir resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Engineering, ProgramManagement or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in a project-orientedenvironment required, with experience in an IT environment strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in project management tools, such as MS Project,required.
- Experience with MS Project Server or comparable resourcescheduling tool preferred.
- Systems development life cycle experience preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal officeenvironment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel will be required insupport of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee isregularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel andhandle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, theemployee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight orexert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changingindustry. Accordingly, theresponsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time inaccordance with business needs. Morespecifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/ordifferent responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be anall-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, norare they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required todo the job. Rather, they are intendedonly to describe the general nature of the job.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeksthat require more than 40 hours to ensure the position’s expectations andresponsibilities are met.
American Tower Corporation is committed to a policy of equalemployment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based onhis or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed,religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familialstatus, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status,genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal,state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job: Proj Mgr Shared Svcs
Title: Project Manager, Shared Services
Requisition ID: 1900000A
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
To ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.