Actalent Field Service Technician in Canton, Massachusetts
Benefits: Paid holidays and 1 week of PTO
Essential Job Functions:
Understand the principles that comprise a Building Control system and possess the ability to learn how to functionally bring system problems to a satisfactory resolution. Assist Lead, and Master Technicians in the functional checks and commissioning of a building automation system.
• Assist in the start-up, commission, re-commission customer systems that utilize DDC technology.
• Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Tracks and records personal job progress and keeps Project Manager informed on progress through daily logs. Keeps project management apprised of customer concerns and issues.
• Basic troubleshooting of unitary controllers or able to assist others on how to resolve problems.
• Works with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
• Maintains accurate As-Built drawing package and marks changes.
• Be able to set up trends, alarms, and reports. Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters, network terminals and/ or a laptop computer.
• Responsible for performing job database backups daily or as advised.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to download and troubleshoot basic HVAC system logic using WebCTRL and associated software.
• Entry level working knowledge with WebCTRL software functions and utilities.
• Basic knowledge of TCP/IP networks
• Able to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical, and Electrical blueprints.
• Basic experience with Microsoft software products to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Windows products when required.
• Possess computer and networking skills to properly maintain their laptop.
• Focus on customer service
• High School diploma, Associates Degree, Technical School in the HVAC industry, or 2+ years’ experience in the HVAC controls industry.
• Possess and maintain valid and current Driver’s License
• Willingness to travel more than 50% of typical work week
• Capable of climbing ladders or using other lift equipment more than 8 feet above grade, and capable of lifting items up to 50lbs.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs