Harvard University Staff Assistant in Cambridge, Massachusetts
52665BRAuto req ID:52665BRJob Code:403033 Staff Assistant III Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Staff AssistantSub-Unit:------------ Appointment End Date:30-Jun-2021Salary Grade:053Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:Three years of office experience required. Education beyond HS may count toward experience. Demonstrated ability with Word, Excel, etc or similar office systems. Ability to work overtime during peak times.
Applicants wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to a resume and indicate meeting basic qualifications.
Please note that once Harvard resumes regular operations this position will no longer be remote and work will be performed on campus in Cambridge MA.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience in academic environment strongly preferred. Previous experience in a customer service environment. Demonstrated ability with Word, Excel, ZOOM, TEAMS, and databases. Previous use of student information systems desired.
Additional Information:HGSE is a diverse community of learners, teachers, and employees who are passionate about changing the world through education and striving for maximum impact in the field of education.
HGSE Human Resources values diversity in all forms, and believes that each employee brings a set of diverse experiences and identities to the workplace that makes us stronger, encourages innovation, and enhances our collective contributions. We continue to develop and support a workforce that reflects the diversity of those we serve; fosters an environment that allows each individual to belong and to bring their best self to work; and creates the conditions that empower employees to contribute their full potential to advancing the work of the school.
We do this by:
• Hiring and retaining staff reflecting the diversity of those we serve;
• Providing employees opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged;
• Reviewing and ensuring fairness and equity in HR practices and policies including but not limited to hiring, promotion, and compensation;
• Developing strong relationships and partnerships internal and external to our community to advance diversity and inclusion;
• Communicating transparently and respectfully; and
• Fostering an inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community that values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Department:RegistrarPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:General Administration Job-Specific Responsibilities:• Serves as the first point of contact for all registration-related inquiries from students, faculty, and staff.
• Evaluates customer needs and provides timely feedback, resources, and support.
• Maintains data in student information system, inputs student and course information, and updates records.
• Maintains the department’s websites, and ensures that all information is clear, accurate, and complete.
• Oversees the submission of various forms and surveys.
• Serves as the primary contact for non-degree students and handles all associated non-degree student record-keeping.
• Processes requests for transcripts, letters of certification, loan deferments, and duplicate diplomas.
• Provides general office support, including supply ordering, bill payment, and filing.
• Performs other duties as needed.
This is a term position with a current end date of 6/30/2021 with a possibility of extensionSchool/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:Reporting to the Associate Registrar, this position provides administrative support for the Office of the Registrar by ensuring the smooth operation of front-line activities of the office. It includes a wide range of time-sensitive and confidential responsibilities associated with the matriculation, enrollment, graduation, and post-graduation activities of over 1,300 degree and non-degree HGSE students.