Microsoft Corporation Sr. Analytical Lead, Audiences in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Advertising is on the cutting edge of the digital marketing industry and empowers the largest advertisers around the world to reach and expand their potential through paid digital marketing, native and retail solutions across our online channels.
The Advertiser Analytics and Insights Group is seeking a Sr Analytical Lead, Audiences (Sr AAL) who is passionate about the cross-channel media ecosystem and believes in the power of data to shape business strategy and drive tactical outcomes. The Sr AAL’s work encompasses thought-leading insights and actionable recommendations across media channels, including search, native & TV, that are directly delivered to customers with the goal of deriving improved business performance, and creating increased investment opportunities across our Microsoft Adversiting platform. The Sr AAL will be tasked with managing complex and high-opportunity customer relationships, pivoting on actionable adoption and successful implementation of Microsoft Advertising’s cross-channel narratives. The Sr AAL will also manage and support the creation of an omni-channel strategy focused on evolving a next-gen data-driven business model.
The Sr AAL will combine a deep understanding of the industry landscape, digital marketing solutions and employ sophisticated and innovative analytical techniques into creating compelling data narratives that influence decision-makers through story-telling, value-selling and unique visualizations. Individuals in this role have exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and consultative skills – embodying a challenger mindset and partner management skills. Sr AAL’s are creative, enterpreneurial, energized by collaboration and continually raise the bar with evolving skillsets, demonstrating critical a ablity to think strategically across time horizons and execute with precision short term.
• Shared culture of diversity and respect Contribute to and create deep connections within our communities, focus on increasing representation, retaining and growing our current team members, while fostering awareness and growth through an inclusive environment.
• Analytical Insights Expert: Demonstrate a deep understanding of the data available within the Microsoft product stack and curate across internal and external sources to produce sophisticated and impactful analyses. Use innovative analytical models, data visualization to incubate/prototype new and compelling narratives that identify and highlight unique multi-channel value in support of advertiser campaign strategies.
• Trusted Data Advisor: Immerse yourself in the industry trends and unique consumer behaviors that impact your assigned clients and apply that expertise in your analyses. Be an ambassador of Microsoft’s customer-first approach by anticipating and addressing client challenges, and leverage that earned trust to drive increased investment with Microsoft Advertising.
• Analytics Sell-Through: Consult and partner with front-line sales teams to build comprehensive and compelling narratives, and directly participate in selling-through analytical value through client engagements. Be the analytics expert in the room by highlighting insights from data and answering difficult client questions with credibility and positivity. Influence client decision-makers and their analytics teams to drive sell-through of identified opportunities.
Required Qualification s:
• 5+ years experience in a partner or account management/client service/client-facing role required.
• 2+ years of experience and proficiency using tools such as PowerBI/Tableau, DAX, SQL for data manipulation and visualization to turn dynamic datasets into actionable insights required.
• Eventual ability to travel 35% (air travel may be required), as appropriate.
• Deep knowledge of the Digital Marketing ecosystem, including familiarity of digital measurement, attribution, online and offline media channels (including search, display, native, programmatic, linear and connected TV).
• Dynamic and creative problem-solving skills, with a passion for innovation, relationships, and an ability to think out of the box.
• Influencing without authority, horizontally and vertically, across a matrixed organization.
• High-degree of comfort working in an agile and constantly-evolving environment while thriving amid ambiguity. Ability to find and create opportunities in a mixed-agenda business setting is a plus.
• Experience with solution-selling and managing both vendor and partner relationships. Ideally he candidate should have established relationships within U.S. media agencies, and experience operating with a service mindset.
• Strong ability to derive new narratives, consume large amounts of information and communicate complex analyses to a mix of both technical and non-technical partners and clients.
• Experience utilizing analytical tools to turn massive, dynamic datasets into actionable insights.
• Experience pairing data visualization with storytelling to deliver persuasive presentations that influence varying audience levels.
• Experience and proficiency using PowerBI/Tableau, DAX, SQL for data manipulation and visualization. Working knowledge and familiarity in any combination of the following is a plus: Python, R, C#, PowerPivot, Primary Research methods, Data Privacy & Governance.
• Infectious sense of enthusiasm, fun, and imagination to contribute to high-performing team culture.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs