Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Are you looking for a product group role where you get to work directly with customers to drive usage and return on investment of our commercial Microsoft 365 Defender security solution? Do you want to be a critical contributor to one of the company’s fastest growing businesses?
To do so, we must help our customers see the value of our security solutions by securing deals and ensuring we capture customer feedback to improve our solution for their needs. This role requires the ability to deliver top-notch customer engagements, ensure a great customer and partner experience, and drive a data-driven customer/engineering feedback loop that is measured in minutes. We are focused on scaling out to meet these challenges in the face of incredible growth.
As a part of the Customer Experience Engineering Team (CxP), you will be on the team that gives us the engineering capability necessary to drive growth and usage of our Microsoft Defender for Endpoint solution and address compete scenarios, whilst reducing “first touch to purchase” time and influencing product direction.
A significant part of this role will also be focused around supporting new initiatives related to how customers evaluate our security products, and the ideal candidate would also be expected to assist with developing this initiative, as well as contributing ideas and their experience to improve the efficiency of this process.
· Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Defender for Endpoint or a competing solution.
· Proven track record of working with customers and partners (Business Decision Makers, CxOs and IT Leaders), speaking on behalf of Engineering, helping them understand our value proposition and our services.
· Experience running technical workshops.
· Technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly understand service capabilities, technical issues, and customer needs.
· Team player, but someone who can also work independently and is self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
· Great communication and presentation skills.
· Understanding of Microsoft Field and Microsoft Corporate organizations to help navigate and coordinate efforts across the company.
· Proven track record driving the prioritization of a backlog based on actual customer evidence.
· 3+ years of experience in cross-group, cross-functional engineering roles
· 3+ years of experience with Windows and associated management technologies
· Knowledge of competing security products, including Crowdstrike, Symantec, Proofpoint, etc
· Level 200 or above knowledge in one or more of these products: Microsoft Defender for Identify, Microsoft Defender for Office and Microsoft Cloud App Security solutions.
What we are offering the ideal candidate:
· The chance to be part of a new initiative that is expected to have a big impact on Defender sales and usage.
· An opportunity to stretch themselves and build out scalable programs to drive solution adoption.
· The chance to work on a global dynamic team.
· A fast paced, exciting work environment where there is always a new challenge and opportunity.
· Opportunities to directly impact customer and partner experience and improve the way product groups at Microsoft work with partners and customers.
· Direct impact on product engineering decisions based upon partner/customer experience and data.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs