Kyndryl, Inc. Senior Lead, Cloud Financial Operations Engineering in CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts
Your Role and Responsibilities
Architects at Kyndryl enjoy an innovative culture, an expectation of creativity, and unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth. Here, you can break free of entrenched corporate culture to help shape a fresh perspective and move beyond legacy infrastructure to create something new and different. Enjoy working as part of a team, not part of a bureaucracy and invent solutions that don’t exist yet for global clients across industries. You’ll be able to explore and leverage career-building opportunities across industries and markets with the cloud skills you have and seize the opportunity to keep adding more.
• This role involves understanding cloud discount structures and being able to advise on architecture that optimizes efficient spend. The individual in this role should have knowledge of the Well-Architected Framework (WAF) and extensive experience in developing and delivering cloud solutions on all major cloud environments. This individual should have a strong history of designing and implementing solutions that meet efficiency, performance, and business objectives.
• Deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements focusing on Financial reengineering and cost savings in using cloud services
• Provide differentiated consulting services on advisory, design, integration, and implementation to various Kyndryl's clients with platform engineering concepts and building products mapping to appropriate pricing, showback/chargeback concepts for their internal application teams
• Build cloud native/third party Integrated Tools to monitor customer cloud spending and present opportunities for cost savings.
• Build and create dashboards to provide insights on costs by services, applications, owners, verticals, or components and identify opportunities for cost optimization.
• Enable generating monthly reports and maintaining KPI for cloud cost across hyperscalers
• Build engineered solutions to Analyse reservations coverage and assist with procurement.
• Come up with workshop content to meet various customer stakeholders monthly to review, track, and forecast cloud costs based on the engagements
• Enable customer Finance and Technology on cost initiatives, build cost models, and assist with budget alignment.
• Work with various stakeholders to track cloud costs from project inception to go-live, ongoing operations, and retirement.
• Support FinOps tooling, process, and methodologies that enable effective cloud cost management
• Ability to solution architect and build engineered automation integrations for driving cloud adoptions across the enterprise
• Make recommendations on strategic solutions that can scale meeting customer security/compliance requirements while meeting simplified user experience and drive private/hybrid cloud adoption
• Routinely required to be involved in selling ranging from initial client exploratory meeting, gathering requirements, structuring solution bid, and ramping up the team for execution
• Able to demonstrate consistent passion, drive and energy in the face of ambiguity/resistance
If you are hired, the anticipated compensation range for the position $102,390.00 to $233,450.00 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your geography, job-related skills, and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately. If this is a sales role, you may be eligible for additional incentive compensation opportunities. For non-sales roles, you may be eligible for Kyndryl’s Growth Driven Profit-Sharing plan.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ Years of Experience in information technology, system design, cloud technology, and/or as a business/data analyst with latest FinOps certification
• 5+ Years of Experience with cloud cost management tools such as Azure, AWS, CloudHealth, Cloud Checkr, Densify and equivalent tools etc.
• 10+ years of deploying solutions on various patterns (IaaS, serverless, PaaS), platforms such as Functions, Lambda, VM, DB’s, AKS/EKS, Azure Stack HCI, ARC, Edge computing
• The individual in this role Cost-Trained Cloud Architect will be a Certified Professional Architect in AWS, Azure, GCP and be certified in cloud financial operations (FinOps).
• Strong Understanding of latest cloud-based services usage, structure, discount, and pricing
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and provide insights for both on-prem and public cloud usage to generate appropriate billing to internal customers
• Ability to bridge finance and technology to come up with process reengineering opportunities
• Strong technical background and good understanding of core IT concepts and their mapping to cloud foundations/landing zones constructs
• Demonstrates Full stack Hands on and SME knowledge to build automated CI/CD pipelines with modern DevOps solutions, IaC concept (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Bicep, cloudformation, etc…)
• Strong Infrastructure Foundations knowledge across network, security and compute such as image building, IAM, Networking (vNet, subnets, firewalls, Load balancing), Security Integrations with Vault, certificates
• Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework
• Proven skills, experience and career path focused on Public Cloud DevSecOps and SRE Solutions (AWS, Azure)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Docker, Containers and containers orchestration (e.g., Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS/AKS)
• Ability to articulate key technologies’ impact on security, availability, cost, capacity, etc.
• Experience in Agile (Kanban, SAFe, and Scrum)
• Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC
• Certifications in other relevant Hyperscalers (AWS, GCP) is a plus
• Advanced certification on Azure (expert level) with real experience in leveraging cloud technology
• Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, advanced analytics
• Proven ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of business analysts, developers, data scientists, and subject-matter experts
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Master's Degree
Country/Region United States
State / Province MULTIPLE
City / Township / Village MULTIPLE CITIES
Being You @ Kyndryl
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks (KINs) are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
Other things to know
Kyndryl offers a wide range of resources for eligible employees to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to: ·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. ·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health. ·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money. ·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law. Kyndryl will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Primary job category Architect
Role ( Job Role ) Infrastructure Architect
Employment Type Full-Time
Contract type Regular
Position Type Professional
Travel Required No Travel
Company (Y078) Kyndryl, Inc.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Kyndryl, Inc. Jobs