Aerotek Research Associate, Vector Engineering in Cambridge, Massachusetts
• Work as part of a dynamic team to generate and characterize novel AAV gene therapy viral vectors and recombinant proteins
• Work with the protein engineering team to develop methods and conduct research involving novel protein construct design and production
• Establish, execute, and analyze cell-based and protein-based in vitro experiments
• Prepare, write, and present technical data and reports
• Work as part of a cross-functional team to drive innovation
cell culture, western blot, FPLC, chromatography, protein purification, protein expression
Top Skills Details:
As the group is building up their protein engineering abilities and protein construct design, this person will largely be running experiments and assays in support of that; candidates need to have experience with expression and purification from mammalian cells, ideally. They will be using resin-based purification (SEC), FPLC (AKTA specifically is what they use), western blot, other cell-based assay experience.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• B.S. or M.S. or equivalent in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related discipline with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
• Familiarity with biochemical methods, such as construct design, resin and FPLC-based protein purification (AKTA preferred), and western blotting
• Strong mammalian cell culture experience is preferred
• Experience with design, documentation and execution of experiments
• Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have strong communication skills
• Independently motivated with strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to be highly productive in a fluid and fast-paced work environment
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs