East Boston Savings Bank Relationship Banker- 1739 Mass Ave in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sell and establish new accounts, products and services for new and existing customers. Assess customers' financial needs and cross sell additional products and services to retain customers and increase the profitability of the bank, both at the branch and through telemarketing. Serve customers and service their accounts - including transaction processing - efficiently and in a manner which provides the highest level of customer satisfaction. Perform other duties necessary to complete branch customers' transactions. Represent the bank to customers with courtesy, friendliness and assurance. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations in addition to bank standard operating policies and procedures. Avoid violations, minimize risk and protect the bank.
- Process branch customers’ transactions, including but not limited to receiving and verifying deposits; mortgage and loan payments; disbursement of funds by withdrawal; cashing checks, and other negotiable items requested by customers. Perform duties strictly according to bank policy and procedure, promoting positive customer relations by servicing the customer according to EBSB corporate and division and office standards.
- Greet and interview existing and prospective* *customers to assess financial needs and promote, discuss and sell various bank products and services, including but not limited to; checking accounts, savings and investment accounts, retirement accounts, electronic banking services and consumer loans.
- Explain and/or demonstrate various additional products and services, using a needs-based consultative approach, to customers in order to ascertain complimentary services which would provide value to the customer and to attempt to cross-sell. Act as a leader in demonstrating self-service channels to customers, including ATM, Online banking and Mobile Banking. Make qualified referrals to business partners in the areas of investments, mortgage, cash management, etc.
- Handle all cash under daily control, and maintain cash limits, accurately and strictly according to bank policy and procedure. Accurately balance each day’s transactions and verify cash totals in order to complete daily settlement to verify accuracy of all work.
- Answer routine and more complex questions on customer accounts, products, services, policies, and procedures. Troubleshoot customer issues and provide follow-through to ensure resolution
- Responsible for other tasks as required, including reporting; ordering supplies; balancing automated teller machine; preparing night deposit bags; operating drive-up window; filing and scanning records; proper and safe procedural response to robberies; and acting in the capacity of a Senior Relationship Banker with the required training.
- Work with branch management to plan for the achievement of individual and team sales goals according to the bank’s Sales Program. Fully participate in sales promotions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of bank products and services, standards and procedures through attendance at meetings and timely completion of trainings
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months+ cash handling and sales experience
- Notary Public within 1 year of employment
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals and groups
- Ability to count money accurately and distinguish denominations
- Ability to accurately process bank transactions including but not limited to cash deposits, withdrawals and transfers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to operate teller and platform software and business machines
- Multilingual capabilities and/or multicultural perspective
- Ability to assess and improve the customer experience
- Ability to cross sell products and services
- Knowledge of the bank's products and services
- Studies including banking fundamentals and accounting
- NMLS Registration
East Boston Savings Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and the strength it creates. The bank recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, military service, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
Tracking Code: 2021044
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular