Mathematica Project Manager, Commercial Health and Life Sciences (Remote Eligible) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
We are seeking a dynamic, analytic, and self-starting individual to join the Commercial Healthcare and Life Sciences (HCLS) team in our Health Business Unit. As a Project Managerin HCLS,**you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of project management, including day-to-day project activities, resource and schedule management, risk management, and task prioritization. You will analyze appropriate schedule and financial data for individual projects and the HCLS area as a whole, and coordinate with the financial teams to ensure accurate financial and project performance reports. Additionally, you will contribute to, and may lead, process-oriented tasks on projects and work closely with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) to develop and implement best practices and standards within HCLS.
Our ideal candidate thrives working in collaborative team environments, is comfortable interacting with staff who have varying degrees of both policy and technical knowledge, has strong problem-solving skills with a drive to understand how things work, and isn’t afraid to ask questions. An ideal candidate has a deep interest in using technology to solve problems and a passion for social research and public well-being.
- Project Delivery o Manage complex projects through the full life cycle by developing and tracking components of project operations including scope, schedule, and budget o Evaluate operational components of projects and outline risks, options, and solutions for action o Prepare and analyze monthly reports that summarize the project status and financial performance o Develop and maintain project schedules, which include all project activities and resource assignments o Track the development of key project deliverables and assist project teams in completing project activities o Ensure project adherence to data privacy, security, archival, destruction, and transition requirements, as well as other contractual conditions o Lead or contribute to process-oriented tasks o Develop and maintain Microsoft Project schedules, SharePoint websites, Excel spreadsheets, and other collaboration tools o Utilize interpersonal skills, including communication, organization, and planning, for effective verbal and written communication with diverse key stakeholders o Develop and maintain comprehensive internal project documentation, such as a project plan, schedule, and decision and risk logs o Work independently and collaboratively with diverse key stakeholders (technical project staff, researchers, internal business departments, external consultants, subcontractors, and client representatives) to successfully execute project management work o Actively support the advancement of organizational diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, and apply diversity, equity and inclusion lens across job responsibilities o Additional duties may be assigned as needed
- Business Development o Lead development and tracking of Commercial HCLS area financial operations and reporting, including area budgets, revenue monitoring, key performance indicator (KPI) tracking, and staffing forecasts* o Coordinate with the EPMO and accounting functions to ensure accurate financial and project performance reports o Develop budget specifications and review budget materials for proposals and other client engagements across HCLS client areas*
- Strong academic background with a minimum of a BA or BS degree in a relevant field (Business, Economics, Management, or Public Policy)
- Graduate degree preferred (MBA, MPP, MS, MA)
- At least 3 years of experience in a high-intensity project management environment
- Solid understanding of project management concepts, including the project lifecycle/PMBOK
- A current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willingness to obtain certification within first six months of hire
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong ability to understand project plans and clearly articulate roles, project goals, and timelines
- Flexibility to handle multiple priorities, sometimes simultaneously, under deadline pressure
- Excellent organizational, planning, and numerical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $70,000 to $90,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
- //*/In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance./
Available Locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI; Princeton, NJ; Chicago, IL; or remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs