Novartis Pharmaceuticals Principal Scientist-Oncology Translational Research in Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 purpose...to reimagine medicine!
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist with a background in oncology and a strong publication record to join our translational research team. The successful candidate will be expected to work with global multidisciplinary project teams to develop innovative patient stratification and therapeutic strategies which will guide clinical development of key Novartis oncology drug candidates. This role will have a direct impact on the success of the Oncology pipeline. As a lead scientist you will build your patient stratification hypotheses around public and internally generated data, develop and implement research plans utilizing all the cutting edge translational tools available, communicate the results with the clinical, biomarker, and research teams, and together formulate a clinical path forward. Additionally, the candidate is expected to lead the discovery research, guide biomarker development, manage the productivity, and build the innovative culture of an oncology translational research laboratory.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
• Independently design and execute translational research activities for an investigational new drug from clinical candidate to clinical proof-of-concept.
• Use innovative technologies, genetics and genomics datasets to understand disease pathogenesis and the mechanism of action of drug candidates.
• Support the drug discovery process from target ID and validation through development of drug candidates for clinical development.
• Drive the discovery and development of pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers for clinical drug candidates.
• Contribute to writing of pre-clinical and biomarker sections of the clinical protocols, the investigational new drug documents, and other documents submitted to regulatory agencies.
• Supervise and train junior associates.
Principal Scientist-Oncology Translational Research
What You Will Bring To The Role:
• Ph.D. in molecular/cell biology or related fields
• Post-doctoral experience in cancer biology
• Proficiency in cancer signaling pathways
• Experience in basic bioinformatics tools and familiarity with large data set analysis
• Independent, self-motivated and innovative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; track record of success working collaboratively
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Research & Development
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.