GCP Applied Technologies National Account Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
GCP Applied Technologies is seeking an experienced, high-energy sales professional to support the growth of the Specialty Building Materials business.
In this role, the National Account Manager will be responsible for contributing to and executing our distribution channel strategies while building relationships with and ensuring alignment with key channel partners. Implementing strategies through partnership with GCP’s sales and marketing teams, the National Account Manager will drive profitable growth for GCP’s residential business. A successful applicant will be results oriented, have a market driven mind set, strong business acumen, negotiation experience and a proven track record of implementing and executing sales growth strategies across multiple markets and geographies.
- Lead GCP residential building material sales efforts at defined key accounts.
- Align channel strategies in order to exploit the strengths of the product portfolio, geographic coverage and service capabilities of our channel partners
- Develop new sales opportunities in conjunction with existing accounts. Identify and engage with both new and existing accounts to capitalize on market opportunities relating to product and/or geographic expansion.
- Coordinate product positioning, messaging, pricing and promotions with our channel partners to capture value and deliver on business’s revenue and price attainment goals.
- Interface with marketing, sales and R&D to identify product line extensions, new product opportunities that build on GCP’s industry product leadership position and assist in growing our market share across all of our product segments and categories.
- Execute GCP’s distribution growth strategy. Collaborate with the commercial team to identify and implement distribution partnerships, channel programs and regional growth opportunities.
- Working in concert with the GCP marketing team and existing channel partners, develop comprehensive action plans to strengthen and grow GCP’s position within the retail segment (i.e. Home Depot and Lowe’s).
- Work directly with sales leadership to develop and maintain long-term account plans to ensure that personal, team and GCP objectives are met.
- Serve as key contributor for internal business reviews and management presentations to GCP senior leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have minimum of 5 years relevant sales and account management experience preferably in within the construction industry. Retail account management relating to construction materials and/or distribution experience a plus.
- Significant travel is expected (>50%) within the United States and Canada. This position is remote and does not require relocation or a proximity to the Boston, MA area though periodic travel to company sites is expected.