Novartis Pharmaceuticals Lab Head - Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease in Cambridge, Massachusetts
17.9 million lives are estimated to be lost each year due to Cardiovascular diseases. The Cardiovascular and Metabolic (CVM) Disease Area at NIBR in Cambridge, Massachusetts is committed to discovering transformative medicines to treat these disorders. We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist to lead a drug discovery lab and to contribute to the development of therapeutics for CVM diseases.
What you’ll be doing:
• Lead a research lab in the area of biochemistry, cell biology, or in vivo pharmacology and provide technical expertise to the entire CVM Department.
• As a lab leader, the successful candidate will design and participate in experiments (some bench work required) to support drug development projects from target discovery to IND-enabling studies.
• Provide expertise in any of the fields of Heart Failure, Atherosclerosis, Arrhythmia, Obesity or Diabetes based on a proven record of accomplishments (papers, patents, presentations).
• Support target discovery by demonstrating excellent judgement in selecting targets and by leveraging required experience in the field of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases biology.
• Efficiently collaborate across the many disciplines required for drug development (medicinal chemistry, biologics development, drug safety, etc.).
• Mentor junior project team members and bench scientists.
• Clearly communicate with employees, colleagues and scientific management.
Lab Head - Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease
What you will bring to the role:
• PhD degree in any area of biological science and at least 2-3 years of postgraduate experience in the field of CVM disease in an academic or industry setting.
• Accomplishment during academic training based on publications (peer-reviewed papers, patents) and presentations at major conferences.
• Drug development experience is a plus.
• Outstanding technical proficiency in any of the following areas: Protein biochemistry & molecular biology, cell biology, or in vivo pharmacology.
• The capacity to quickly grasp new concepts and techniques and focus on detail.
• Basic computational data analysis skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative problem-solving skills, and desire to work in a team environment.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Research & Development
CVM Disease Area
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.