SMMA K-12 Project Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
SMMA is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our K-12 Market in Cambridge, MA. Our exciting portfolio includes a large range of public, private, charter, and career technical schools throughout the New England area.
In this role, you will:
· Serve as the main point of contact for the duration of your projects.
· Present project information to clients, boards, and community stakeholders.
· Provide clear direction for internal design team members and external consultants.
· Foster collaboration among all team members.
· Manage project schedule, budget, and scope.
· Participate in the proposal process for project opportunities.
· Analyze technical challenges, review construction methods, and vet budget pricing for best construction options.
This role is for you if:
· You want to make a difference in the world of schools.
· You have a solid understanding of the design and construction process.
· You have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· You enjoy collaborating with others.
· You’re skilled at being the liaison between the client and the team.
· You’re able to lead a team and project plan.
· You have experience as a Project Manager and/or a Project Architect
· You are able to travel to client and project sites within the New England area.
This role is even MORE for you if you also have:
· Experience working with K-12 clients
· Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA) experience
· Registered Architect license
· Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Construction Management
· MCPPO certification
What you get:
· Competitive Boston-area salary, commensurate with experience
· Competitive benefits including paid time-off, company-funded MA Paid Family and Medical Leave, company- paid health and dental plans, company-paid life insurance, and 401(K) matching.
· Flexible hybrid work-from-home policy
· Participation in Employee Stock Ownership Program
· Employee Assistance Program (includes confidential emotional support, legal guidance, and financial resources)
· Free parking and secure bike parking, with onsite showers
· Educational reimbursement
· Licensure/certification and membership reimbursements
· The opportunity to shape the future of the SMMA K-12 Market
About the SMMA K-12 Market
We are architects, educational planners, project managers, interior designers, engineers, and site designers. Our unique combination of staff works collaboratively to create innovative and beautiful design solutions for all our school clients. We LOVE what we do and we are dedicated to providing the very best for the students and educators that we work with.
About the Firm
SMMA remains one of the area’s most unique design firms due to its composition, reputation, and focus. Cambridge-based since its incorporation in 1955, the firm focuses on creating lasting relationships with strategic partners in both the public and private markets.
The firm was founded by MIT alumni who believed that the balance of architecture, engineering, interiors, and site design afforded clients the agility of a single source of creative and technical expertise. Today, SMMA continues its dedication to a flexible integrated approach while remaining guided by a shared pursuit of design excellence and social responsibility. We are committed to providing an inclusive and equitable environment for our employees and our clients.
SMMA focuses on several markets: K12, Advanced Technology, Development, Federal Government, Higher Education, Life Sciences, and Workplace. At SMMA, experienced teams in each market sector represent specialized communities of practice working together to foster knowledge flow around common interests. Together, the firm’s teams form a larger design ecosystem, sharing best practices and nurturing professional growth and project excellence.
Powered by JazzHR