Harvard University ITSC Service Tech Level I in Cambridge, Massachusetts
55778BRAuto req ID:55778BRJob Code:403058 IT Support Assistant II Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:ITSC Service Tech Level ISub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade (https://hr.harvard.edu/salary-ranges#ranges) :053Time Status:Full-time Union:55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers Basic Qualifications:
• Associate degree in an information technology area or at least 2 years of technical work experience.
• At least one year of experience in a customer service role or equivalent environment
• Strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware and software.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent communication, presentation, and customer service skills.
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience with ServiceNow
• Must be able to work additional hours during peak periods.
• Ability to learn new technologies.
HGSE is a diverse community of learners, teachers, and employees who are passionate about changing the world through education and striving for maximum impact in the field of education.
HGSE Human Resources values diversity in all forms, and believes that each employee brings a set of diverse experiences and identities to the workplace that makes us stronger, encourages innovation, and enhances our collective contributions. We continue to develop and support a workforce that reflects the diversity of those we serve; fosters an environment that allows each individual to belong and to bring their best self to work; and creates the conditions that empower employees to contribute their full potential to advancing the work of the school.
We do this by:
• Hiring and retaining staff reflecting the diversity of those we serve;
• Providing employees opportunities to learn, grow, and be challenged;
• Reviewing and ensuring fairness and equity in HR practices and policies including but not limited to hiring, promotion, and compensation;
• Developing strong relationships and partnerships internal and external to our community to advance diversity and inclusion;
• Communicating transparently and respectfully; and
• Fostering an inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment
We regret that the Harvard Graduate School of Education does not provide Visa sponsorship.
About the Harvard Graduate School of Education
Many choose to work at the Harvard Graduate School of Education because they believe in our mission and are excited by our vision for the future. We have a reputation as a great place to work, for our excellent leadership, and we are a strong community that values diversity. For more information about HGSE, its programs, research, and faculty, please visit: www.gse.harvard.edu
Department:ITPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Information Technology Job-Specific Responsibilities:
Operations Activities (100%)
• Responds to in-person visitors, phone calls, and Service Now Tickets in a timely manner, consistent with service level agreements.
• Fulfills tier 1 issues and support requests through in-person meetings at the desk and via phone support.
• Accurately records customer issues in Service Now; maintains and updates support documentation to assist in information sharing within the team
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
• Performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
• Directs unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
• Provides accurate information on IT products and services
• Follows-up and provides updates to customers
• Maintains a consistent presence at the ITSC customer service desk, ensures the area is tidy and well maintained.
School/Unit:Harvard Graduate School of Education EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Working Conditions:
NOTICE: Harvard will require COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members who will have any on-campus presence. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement and exceptions may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
The ITSC Support Technician Level I is present at the front desk of the ITSC, serving as a first introduction to the ITSC and fulfilling basic Tier 1 issues and support requests. She/he has basic technical skills and is generally able to resolve common issues in person and over the phone. This is an entry level position intended to introduce new team members to the service center. This position requires exceptional soft skills to include:
-Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
Ability to listen carefully and accurately record information provided by visitors to the ITSC
A consistently positive and friendly attitude
Ability to empathize with visitors and understand their issues from their point of view