Harvard University HR Generalist V in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46425BRAuto req ID:46425BRJob Code:H0459P HR Generalist V Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Senior Human Resources ConsultantSub-Unit:------------ Salary Grade:059Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Additional Qualifications:
Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
Experience in a multi-discipline Human Resources environment (examples include employee relations, recruitment, training, compensation, performance management, engagement etc.).
Experience and working knowledge of organizational development and change management.
Expertise in employee relations.
Significant knowledge in regulatory compliance, federal and state laws in multiple human resource disciplines.
Current knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends.
Excellent, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills.
Model of excellent HR practice to include; conflict resolution, giving and receiving feedback and coaching.
Solid financial/business acumen.
Ability to identify, utilize and interpret workforce-related metrics.
Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences.
Knowledge of the organization/institution (Harvard) as well as local units preferred.
Experience in an academic environment a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS applications and analytics.
Advanced knowledge of employment law and HR policies and practices.
Demonstrated experience with the administration of bargaining unit policies and procedures.
Additional Information:This is a term position for two years with possibility of renewal.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Department:Human ResourcesPre-Employment Screening:Criminal, Education, IdentityJob Function:Human Resources School/Unit:Harvard Medical School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Summary:Provide strategic guidance, advice, and leadership to clients on all Human Resources related activities, in support of/or aligned with local business priorities.Typical Core Duties:
Consult with clients on employee relations, recruitment, compensation, learning and development strategies, diversity initiatives, and enhancements to the work environment
Provide expert advice and coaching to managers and employees
Collaborate with managers, faculty, staff, and bargaining unit representatives to understand business needs and strategically address workplace issues
Partner with leadership on organizational transformations, defining HR goals and associated change management and communications efforts
Lead change processes to create a culture of productivity and engagement
Create and deliver effective human resources programs, learning and development opportunities, initiatives, and offerings to a wide range of audiences
Seek efficiencies and recommend improvements in processes and systems
Provide specialized research, data analytics, and reporting to inform decision-making
Function as subject matter expert or project lead
May collaborate with a centralized HR function to provide service
Ensure compliance with University Human Resources policies, procedures, and requirements and applicable legal regulations
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Minimum of 8 years’ relevant HR experience
Certificates and Licenses:PHR or SPHR certification preferred.Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in an office setting.
Job-Specific Responsibilities:The Senior HR Consultant position is responsible for providing responsive, strategic, transparent human resources consulting services to management in the areas of employee relations, organizational design and development, change management, performance management, recruitment, compensation, training and development strategies, diversity initiatives, and efforts related to improving the work environment.
• Contribute to the business strategy by advising leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational and workforce capabilities.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
• Provides guidance on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Proactively partner with assigned departments collaborating on operational and strategic initiatives, advises and counsels on best approaches, practices and generates options for achieving desired results.
• Provides appropriate and effective advice and coaching to employees and managers as needed.
• Advise and coach managers to implement effective performance management to create and sustain a high performance workforce.
• Actively partner with managers, staff and bargaining unit representatives to address a variety of workplace issues in a strategic way that provides tangible value and identifies opportunities.
• Develop ongoing communication and relationship to allow for proactive planning and partnership.
• Promote a strong leadership and coaching culture. Assist department leaders and managers to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards.
• Understand opinions and anticipates needs and concerns; acts as a bridge to help all parties understand each other’s perspective.
• Pursue solutions that balance individual, organization and constituent needs and guides parties towards those views and options.
• Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR team to help leader make informed decisions to support the organization and individual business units.
• Identify trends, develops and monitors programs and results. Support managers in forecasting and planning their staffing needs in line with their department strategy.
• Effectively implement the delivery of HR programs, understand all HR Services being developed.
• Participate in all team meetings and other projects as assigned. Present development opportunities for other staff.
• Collaborate within Harvard Medical School HR as well as with Longwood Medical Area and Harvard University HR colleagues.