Mathematica Audit Associate (Remote Eligible) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*: Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Read more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance.
The Internal Audit team is seeking a highly motivated Audit Associate with a willingness to learn. This role will assist with analyses, reviews/audits, compliance assessments and submissions, and ad-hoc projects. With guidance and support from the team, the Audit Associate should have the ability to multitask and meet team deadlines.
- Assist with operational, financial, and compliance audits in accordance with stated policies and procedures, government regulations, or laws.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of key financial data and formulate initial conclusions for management’s consideration.
- Prepare work papers and conclusion reports for review
- Systematically retain documents that substantiate test results
- Assist with other compliance-related projects and tasks as requested
- Maintain and apply a foundational knowledge of industry-specific accounting and government compliance literature
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel (including pivot tables and lookups), Outlook, PowerPoint; ability to illustrate important points through graphs
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) preferred
- Experience working with government contractors or agencies preferred
Knowledge of Deltek CostPoint system or other general ledger system, including running reports and data extraction preferred
- Position Requirements*:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- One year of audit and/or accounting experience preferred
- A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
This position offers and anticipated annual base salary range of $50,000-$60,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Princeton, NJ; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Cambridge, MA; Remote
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs