Thermo Fisher Scientific Associate II, Manufacturing in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Formulation Technician II, Manufacturing
Specific Division Information:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Viral Vector Services (VVS), is a rapidly growing, dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization. Our employees are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We are looking for top talent with proven competencies and strong character to join our team and help lead our organization into the future.
Location: 250 Binney Street Cambridge, MA
Work Hours: 12-hour rotating shift from 0645-1915 (Day shift) or 1845-0715 (Night shift), on a 2-2-3-day format. May require overtime to work evenings, weekends, or holidays, as required to meet project timelines.
How will you make an impact?
The Formulation Technician II is an associate with a moderate to advanced level of technical expertise and experience. They may independently perform routine operations commensurate with their experience and training.
What will you do?
· Effectively execute work instructions while complying with procedures and cGMP regulations. Apply acquired job skills as well as company procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Comply with all company policies including; safety, training, GDP (Good Documentation Practices), clean room gowning, attendance, and PTO (Paid Time Off).
· Fully trained in all unit operations associated with the department.
· Stay up to date on required job training. Assist in training staff on operations.
· Maintain inventory records of raw materials used in batch manufacturing. Keeps accurate and up-to-date batch records and data sheets on batches in process.
· Inspect finished product to assure adherence to specifications such as appearance, foreign substances and packaging or labeling requirements as required.
· Adhere to the Quality Management Systems
· Assist in the completion and identification of PPI initiatives and continuous improvement opportunities.
· Maintain a culture of safety by following Safety SOP’s.
· Spend 90% of time in the manufacturing suites.
How will you get here?
· Must be able to make decisions for moderately complex GMP manufacturing activities including process performance with minimal to moderate supervision.
· Must be able to recognize, understand and respond to situations requiring further evaluation and report these events (process, safety, personnel, etc.) to senior operators or area management.
· Must be able to provide effective written or verbal communication to all team members
· Must be able to understand operational documents for GMP compliance, accuracy, and completeness.
· Must safely perform activities on the shift to prevent releases, accidents, and injuries.
Education and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma plus 1 year of related experience.
· Bachelor's Degree in STEM or Biotech related Certificate
· 1-2 years of specific industry experience.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
· Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to learn new software and tools, quickly make decisions and work with minimal to moderate supervision.
· Ability to aseptically gown and/or sterile gown as needed.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to write, read/review written documentation for extended periods of time.
· Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to lift, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 120,000+ extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
“We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.”
“Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Jobs