Beth Israel Lahey Health Unit Coordinator Part Time Evenings in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Evening (United States of America)
Under general supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides clerical support to inpatient nursing unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Prepares patients charts, ensuring that all necessary forms are available and relevant patient information is ready for use or review daily
2) Assembles charts for admissions, transfers, and discharges.
3) Utilizes appropriate computer systems to process physician orders for relevant patient information
4) Utilizes bed tracking systems to support timely patient flow.
5) Answers telephones, following Lahey Clinic’s established greeting; takes and transmits messages to unit staff.
6) Responds to queries from physicians, nursing staff, and visitors taking care not disclose confidential patient information to unauthorized individuals in accordance with various Lahey policies, outside regulations and laws governing patient confidentiality including but not limited to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
7) Inventories nursing unit’s office supply’s and orders new supplies as needed to maintain standard inventory levels. Stores supplies ensuring that areas are neat and organized.
8) Follows department procedures related to access to non-controlled medications, such as IV solutions and vaccines, when granted access to these medications as part of the job functions.
• Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement, and Goals into daily activities.
• Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
• Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
• Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
• Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
• Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
• Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
• Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires basic compter skills involving standard software for recording patient information in computerized databases, proficiency in reading comprehension, spelling, and writing normally obtained in high school and on-the-job experience.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs