Oracle Network Development Engineer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Job Identification : 101646
Job Category : Product Development
Job Locations :
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Burlington, Massachusetts, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
As a Network Development Engineer on the Network Operations team, your priorities include completing change requests, fulfilling service requests, incident response, and problem management. This role is also responsible for creating tools that facilitate change validation, verify service health, and expose performance metrics. This role will work closely to develop and support solutions for Oracle’s SaaS customers including supporting their private VPN connections. Because our team is globally distributed, on-call shift coverage is generally specific to one shift/region, but we do ask for flexibility as occasional urgent needs arise.
· Active monitoring of the production environment to proactively address issues that could affect Oracle’s services in partnership with the Oracle Global Operations Center.
· Develop methods to capture metrics that show service health.
· Create and use pre-defined work instructions to safely deliver on change requests to the production environment.
�� Plan and execute changes to the network as needed.
· Develop and maintain scripts and tools in Python or other languages to efficiently perform various changes to the network.
· Automate manual processes.
· Participate in weekly on-call rotation, and occasionally on weekend coverage as a member of a globally distributed on-call team.
· Create Postmortems and documentation of corrective actions to prevent the reoccurrence of incidents.
· B.A/B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
· +7 years of professional experience
· Hands on experience with load balancing such as F5-VE and other cloud based LBaaS
· Hands on experience with DNS infrastructure such as BIND, GSLB, BIG-IP DNS
· Hands on experience with Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Puppet or other automation tools
· Hands on experience working with OCI, AWS, Azure or other major cloud providers
· Hands on experience with Python scripting and unit testing
· Experience with Infrastructure as code concepts and CI/CD pipelines
· Experience with DevOps concepts and Agile software development practices
· Great documentational skills and mindset of design and document first
· OCI certification highly desirable
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
If you are a Colorado resident, Please Contact us or Email us at email@example.com to receive compensation and benefits information for this role. Please include this Job ID: 101646 in the subject line of the email.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
- Oracle Jobs