Beth Israel Lahey Health EHR Reporting Analyst in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
The Reports Analyst utilizes multiple EHR systems in building reports required by the organization. The Reports Analyst assists in the analysis, planning, design, creation, and maintenance of simple to complex reports/database projects.
Essential Functions including but not limited to:
1) Creates reports sourcing database observations from numerous tables (including but not limited to observations on documents, flowsheets, and patient demographics or visit information). Able to query clinical databases using SQL query logic and map out the dependencies and connections among hundreds of source tables and views using SQL Server Management Studio. 2) Analyzes clinical & financial data contained in the EHR database and to identify data reporting issues with existing and proposed system tools; works with other CID colleagues to ensure data collection requirements meet the current build specifications 3) Documents detailed specifications for each report including both the technical specifications and a summary of the report.
4) Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing. Also facilitates
functional and integrated testing as requested as well as Creates and provides documentation as required to the
testing and training team
5) Provides end user support pertaining to reporting during implementation; able to serve as a reporting expert to assist
in application roll-out
6) Create and edit Stored Procedures, Views, Functions and Queries on SQL Server to pull require data for reporting
purposes using SQL Server Management Studio.
7) Develops dynamic reports enabling the end users to define numerous parameters that allow users to filter and
aggregate as required. Also creates custom reports that allow end users to drill down for more detail.
8) Configure and create packages for report distribution using Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence
Development Studio’s Integration Services.
9) Creates SharePoint sites, lists, libraries, calendars, web part pages, dashboards, etc.
10) Creates Crystal Reports
11) Documents and reports system issues to EHR Analytics & Reporting Manager
12) Proactively identifies and communicates barriers to completing work requirements
13) Assists in the preparation of demo materials for workflow decisions or new system functionality
14) Participates in on-call coverage as assigned by department lead/manager
15) Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
16) Achieves and maintains certification according to organizational standards 17) Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential 18) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
19) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
20) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
21) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
22) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
23) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to
Customer Service standards.
24) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
25) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
26) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs