Beth Israel Lahey Health Clinician (LICSW/LMHC), Primary Care Integration in Burlington, Massachusetts
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Clinician (LICSW/LMHC), Primary Care Integration
Sign on bonus up to $3000 (pro-rated for part time) and New Increased Competitive Pay Rates
Primary care settings have become a gateway for many individuals with behavioral health and mental health challenges. To address these needs the collaborative care model was developed, which embeds behavioral health clinicians into primary care offices. Our embedded clinicians are an essential part of a multidisciplinary team. Clinicians will partner with providers to recognize and treat mental health disorders and substance abuse by identifying, triaging and managing patients. They provide short-term therapy, using a range of evidence-based treatment modalities. Other tasks include: behavioral health screenings to identify level of care, resource finding and treatment planning.
The ideal candidate is collaborative and flexible with strong, proactive communication skills and the ability to work independently while making a difference in the lives of the clients we serve.
• Review medical records prior to initial evaluation to familiarize with the patient's history to perform a thorough, quality assessment.
• Assess patients for behavioral health disorders and the continuum of substance use disorders, including use, abuse and/or dependence.
• Utilize clinical skills in brief treatment approaches such as: CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Problem-Solving Therapy, Supportive Therapy, Behavioral Activation and Psycho-Education.
• In collaboration with the primary care treatment team, design behavioral health treatment plans of care based on patient needs and overall assessment.
• Design and execute effective behavioral health and substance use education curricula classes for staff and other providers.
• Complete all clinical documentation within expected timeframes and in compliance with organization policies.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn insurance standards for both commercial insurances and Mass Health products.
• Develop supervision plan with supervisor and meet on a regular basis to discuss clinical, organizational, and agency issues and review performance.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, visitors, external providers, regulatory bodies, and the broader health care community.
• Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times.
• Master's degree in Social Work or other directly-related Human Service discipline.
• Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) required.
Full time, 40 hours. M-F days (part-time options may be available)
Located at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center - General Internal Medicine (Burlington)
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more (https://www.bilh.org/newsroom/bilh-to-require-covid-19-influenza-vaccines-for-all-clinicians-staff-by-oct-31) about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients' lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Beth Israel Lahey Health Jobs