Lowe's FT-Back End Clerk-Day in Brockton, Massachusetts
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Back-End Clerk, this means:
• Meeting the customer needs during a return and helping find the correct product replacement.
• Ensuring merchandise meets Lowe’s quality and safety standards and processing returns efficiently.
• Engaging in safe work processes including the proper disposal of returned items.
• Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, replenished, and prepared for customers.
• Validating that the correct merchandise is being moved in and out of the store when appropriate.
The Back-End Clerk processes returns, manages procedures related to Centralized Return to Vendor and appropriately disposes of items, contacts a vendor for replacement/credit, returns merchandise to the floor and is responsible for successful freight and merchandising fulfillments at Lowe’s locations. The Back-End Clerk processes paperwork for shipments and physically moves stock as it is delivered. In addition, the associate in this role schedules shipments when necessary and checks the quality and accuracy of orders. The Back-End Clerk spends most of their time communicating with customers, vendors, and manufacturers and must be comfortable having difficult conversations. To be successful, this associate must be organized and detail-oriented.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires evening and overnight availability on weekdays, may also require overnight availability on weekends.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
• 1 year of experience processing and filing merchandise receiving paperwork.
• 1 year of experience with store inventory receiving and administration.
• 6 months of experience in warehouse data entry/bookkeeping.
• 6 months of experience communicating with vendors OR customers regarding returns, payments, or contract fulfillment.
• 6 months of retail experience accepting or processing returns.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs