Cisco Software Engineer in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Who You’ll Work With
Our Boxborough office is looking to hire a Software Test Engineer to join the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Team. Join a diverse group that has deployed product on over 130 million of the latest devices including iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone.
What You’ll Do
- Discover defects and drive them through resolution
- Work in a team environment, be highly self-motivated, and be willing to learn new skills and product features
- Work collaboratively with other groups such as development, escalation, documentation, and marketing teams
- Creation and continual enhancement of automated test suites using Python, Java, or similar languages
- Troubleshoot issues related to the entire protocol stack
Who You Are
You are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. You’re passionate about testing and enjoy collaborating in a team-based environment. You have fun learning new technologies. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what’s going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn’t give up when faced with complex problems. * Enthusiastic about finding defects and improving the quality of the product * MSEE/CS combined with 2+ years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 4+ years experience in software quality assurance * You’re able to work independently when writing test cases, test plans, and other supporting documentation * Prior experience in collaborating with both technical engineers and non-technical customers * Knowledge of software testing methodology * You have desktop experience in Windows, OSX and Linux * Excellent communication skills
- Experience in testing VPN clients, firewalls, or other network security products
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Secure coding and encryption protocol experience a plus
- Experience with performance, regression testing, and automation tools
- Understanding of Security concepts such as SSL, Digital Certificates, code signing, etc.
- Agile development process experience
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs