Verisk Tsunami Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts
• Work with established research and modeling teams to conduct and assimilate emerging hydrodynamical research to enhance numerical tsunami models
• Develop advanced stochastic simulation techniques for probabilistic assessment and sensitivity analysis
• Manage the collection and analysis a wide range of observational and numerical model data, and integrate the highest quality information into the modeling process
• Address client questions to help them better understand how natural catastrophes impact risk to property
• Must have a solid understanding of and experience with numerical tsunami models
• Strong background in seismology, tectonics, and/or fluid dynamics as it applies to tsunami phenomena
• Ability to gather, integrate, and critically analyze data and results from all relevant sources of natural hazard information
• Strong math skills and understanding of statistics
• Solid technical programming skills gained through practical experience, in particular using languages and tools like C++, FORTRAN, R, Python, GIS, and MATLAB etc.
• Proficiency in working in a Linux/Unix environment, including scripting in languages such as C-shell, Bash, Tcl/Tk
• Highly motivated and self-directed with demonstrated experience in advancing complex projects and working with interdisciplinary teams of scientists
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ph.D. in Geophysics or M. Sc. in Geophysics with 3 or more years of research or industry experience in tsunami modeling
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice