VMware Senior Technical Support Engineer - Hyperscalers - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Boston, Massachusetts
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Do you see yourself as a virtualization guru? Do you hunger for highly complex technical challenges? Do you love the world of virtualization, both on-prem and cloud? Do you thrive on learning new technologies and educating others on the intricacies of virtualization? Are you a natural collaborator that craves working with enthusiastic, creative, customer focused teams that support the world’s leading edge software products spanning every imaginable industry across the entire globe?
The VMware Global Support team is powered by individuals and teams working together to deliver world class support to over 250,000 organizations in 100+ countries and we are looking for people like you!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
As a Level 3 Senior Technical Support Engineer for Hyperscalers, you will take your vast knowledge of VMware technologies and help our large partners troubleshoot, understand, and conquer their virtualization challenges. You have in depth knowledge of one or more VMware products and an expertise that will put you into position to support and mentor our Level 1 & 2 Technical Support Engineers, design and implement best practices, knowledge base creation, storage training and technical escalations.
· We start with enhancing your current knowledge! We want you to be confident, ready, and capable of working through technical challenges. From Day 1 your education will be a focus. In Depth and relevant training will see you successful with customers and earning VMware’s vaunted professional certificates.
· Once onboarding is completed you will be partnered with a senior level team member that has similar deep technical knowledge and a history of working with our most challenging situations.
· As a Level 3 Senior Technical Support Engineer you will work with our junior engineers to upskill them, work with engineering and product development, utilize your expertise to advocate for our customers and the changes they want to our storage products, and directly support our field teams on customer engagements, and escalations.
· VMware knows the world is always moving forward. We move with it. We strive to not only make you an expert but keep you there. Continuous training, career development, and a focus on providing superior customer support makes sure you are always growing and ready to exceed the customers expectation for support delivery.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a Level 3 Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving customer technical issues, growing your support team’s overall knowledge, and influencing the support operation based on your expertise. Crucial qualities for this role are being team oriented, highly motivated, eager to learn new methods and technologies, strong technical problem-solving skills, customer centric and forward looking.
Your success in this role will pivot around
· Work independently to resolve customer, TSE, and team issues while assisting the management team in the team's overall development.
· Leverage your VMware expertise to support customers and peers
· Being highly communicative and willing to learn and practice new communication methods.
· Able to apply logic to a situation and able to work creatively when information may be disjointed or missing
· Provide World Class Support to our customers
· Partner with Engineering teams, field teams, customer success teams to provide wholistic and meaningful solutions
· Sharing your knowledge. Be it with Knowledge Base articles, developing micro trainings for peers and customers, partnering with peers, or spending time with a customer to increase their knowledge of VMware products.
Work in an environment that thrives on cross organizational collaboration, understands the critical nature of constant education and growth, highly skilled peers and a leadership team that is side by side with you as you develop and grow.
Where is this role located?
Flexible: The role is considered flexible and will be a mix of working from a local VMware office and remote depending on your preferences and the arrangements determined with your future manager. You will be expected to live within a reasonable non-daily commute of the office.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-02-23
Global Services: The VMware Global Support Services (GSS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GSS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GSS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure. What’s in it for you? The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial startup We are guided in our efforts by a strong set of corporate values: Excellence and innovation Straightforwardness and open communications A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves A passion for what we do and the value we deliver
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs