Iron Mountain Senior Software Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
At Iron Mountain, we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the physical and digital world. Today, we help our customers, including 95% of the Fortune 1000, to preserve priceless art, restore classic films, outsource their data centers around the globe and more. Our people have the opportunity to bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here you will be part of a team that doesn't just embrace what's exceptional. It is exceptional. The Global Technology team at Iron Mountain deploys data center space to address growing customer needs and fast. Global Technology offers its customers a set of data center solutions that afforded greater convenience and accessibility.The Senior Software Engineer role will be a part of the Global Product Engineering team at Iron Mountain.
The Senior Software Engineer position is in the Global Product Engineering organization assigned to the InSight project. Iron Mountain InSight is a content services platform that provides actionable business insights and predictive analytics through Machine Learning (ML)-based classification of a company’s physical and digital information, which adds structure, context and meta-data to information to make it more usable. The resulting enriched content can then enable enhanced automated governance and workflows for our customers.
The Senior Software Engineer will provide design and delivery of service functionality within the agile development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer with micro service development for cloud-based services in highly performant systems. The candidate has over 7 years of experience developing service interfaces and APIs. To be successful, the candidate needs to show experience with .NET, .NET core backend application development and SQL databases (SQL Server or Oracle or Postgresql or MySQL). The candidate must have experience exposing these backend systems over RESTful APIs, microservices, event driven architecture and framework which interact with cloud service providers. The candidate should have extensive development experience with C#, F#, Visual Basic. Experience with search technologies such as Solr or ElasticSearch is desired, as is experience with defining schemas and metadata taxonomies.
● Participate in design discussions about the technical implementation and consider the tradeoffs to support business value, scalability and delivery timeline.
● Develop service functionality using microservices APIs and JSON format
● Define service contract APIs for integration
● API to API integrations
● Integrate Machine learning components in micro services
● Work with infrastructure teams to implement and build scalable systems
● Develop services for needs of UI developers
● Develop unit tests with a test driven mindset
● Debug and address performance issues
● Design and code for security considerations, anticipates security risks
● Peer / code reviews
● Lead the development of a product feature
● Strong communication, collaboration and problem solving skills with a track record of delivering production grade systems in a team environment
● Experience as a team lead working with 3-5 engineers
● Motivated individual who learns quickly, has pride in building a new product and can engage others to accelerate technical solutions
● Familiarity with implementation design patterns and performance challenges ● Minimum Bachelor’s degree
● Experience in working with distributed teams
● 3 years of experience working with agile scrum methodologies
● 5-7 years of development experience in C# or visual basic, and SQL development
● Experience deploying .NET applications in cross platform OS
● 2-3 years of experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure
● Experience in developing scalable micro services and API gateways
● Prior experience with Tomcat, Apache Solr, VMware and Oracle desired.
● 7 years of data modeling / metadata schema definition
● Experience with server oriented architectures and web platform applications with ability to define and integrate with APIs and REST services
● Architectural governance and security review experience
● Experience with agile tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Rally, TFS or Version One ● Mastery of code repositories such as GIT, artifactory repositories
BS, MS or MBA from accredited/recognized university
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Category: Information Technology
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
- Iron Mountain Jobs