MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Data & Services, you will have the opportunity to build high-performance analytics platform that advance how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from their data. Our next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
As a member of the Mastercard Intelligence team, you will help build applications on-premise and in the cloud to support terabyte-scale data ingest and real-time interactive applications for thousands of clients. The team focuses on transforming the raw Mastercard data, producing derived elements off the transaction data, and combining those with other data provided by 3rd parties and clients to power applications that help clients track performance and identify underperforming groups of customers. This team is consistently faced with challenges around processing large data sets, scaling out calculation performance as data volumes grow, and building high-value analytics off data at this scale.
The teams work in small, flexible groups and every team member contributes to feature design, building, and testing. The range of work you encounter varies from building data pipelines to working on web apps to writing server-side calculation code to performance turning of large workloads. There are no rigid organizational structures at Mastercard; each team uses processes that work the best for that team's members and projects.
• Design data pipelines that handle hundreds of millions of transactions per day
• Build high value analytics off of large data sets while keeping performance top of mind
• Evolve the calculation infrastructure to handle an increase in data volume and user base as we scale globally
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with increasingly large data sets
• Collaborate across teams with exceptional peers who are passionate about what they do
• Assist in leading the development team and serve as a technical resource for team members
• Mentor the team and provide guidance to improve on the quality of product development
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to bring a data based technical perspective to roadmap and business decisions for the improvement of our products
• Lead and push the boundaries of analytics and powerful, scalable applications
• Bring a focus on high-quality code and development best practices
All About You
• Proficiency with advanced object-oriented programming
• Deep technical foundation in full-stack development
• Solid understanding working and building analytics on top of big data
• Experience contributing to the development of large scale applications
• Desire to innovate and leverage new technology
• Passion for solving complex analytical/quantitative problems in real world scenarios
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Initiative and creativity in approaching new challenges
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Strong communication skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120221