PPD Senior Research Scientist (Epidemiology) - Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics in Boston, Massachusetts
SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST (EPIDEMIOLOGY) – REAL-WORLD EVIDENCE/DATA ANALYTICS
Position Location: North America, office-based or 100% remote.
/Evidera has been providing health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics and epidemiology services to clients in the biopharmaceutical industry for over 19 years. The Real-World Evidence team supports biopharmaceutical companies throughout the product lifecycle, from early pre-launch planning to launch and post-marketing management. Our focus is on helping our clients in the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology/ medical device industries build economic and epidemiological evidence to demonstrate and support the value of their products. Through analysis of individual patient databases, we may provide key information such as:/
/Treatment patterns and drug utilization
The incidence and prevalence of diseases and co-morbidities
The incidence of adverse events
The impact of various risk factors
Burden of disease
Comparative effectiveness data/
/*Knowing the relationships between patient, drug, clinical and disease factors can significantly aid clients in navigating potential drug-event causal relationships as well as in building stronger evidence-based value messages. */
The Senior Research Scientist/Leader will be a Subject Matter Expert providing scientific leadership in the development and delivery of RWE proposals and client deliverables. This individual will provide thought leadership while promoting sound methodological expertise and ensuring projects are delivered to high quality standards. They will serve as a Principal Investigator for multiple complex projects through expertise in the areas of health data capture and prospective observational research and analyses. The Senior Research Scientist/Leader contributes to strategic business development targets through frequent interactions with clients and “externalization” of RWE scientific capabilities while providing senior level direction and guidance to staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Applies knowledge of quantitative and qualitative scientific methods
- Provides scientific leadership to Real World Evidence and other HEOR business teams
- Maintains line of research and expertise in relevant scientific areas, along with connections with new literature and regulatory documents
- Publishes scientific work in journals, presents same at professional meetings and is contributing member to professional organizations
- Supports new product or service development through scientific innovation and leadership
- Contributes to the strategic directions of the group through partnership with the Vice President, RWE
- Develops and maintains client relationships
- Leverages deep scientific knowledge to drive business development activity and to win business.
- Responsible for ongoing stream of funded work for self and others
- Collaborates with various business areas to contribute to Evidera’s financial goals
- Develops or oversees proposal development to ensure methodological robustness
- Provides rigorous review of client deliverables and sets and enforces quality standards.
- Manages financial performance of projects and provides guidance to others of same
- Oversees and manages internal timelines to ensure that deliverables meet external client needs
- Conducts internal scientific trainings
- Participates in staff recruitment efforts
- Consults on existing and identifies areas where new SOPs are required.
- Mentors mid-level scientific staff
- May have line-management responsibilities for employees (up to and including Research Scientist)
- Masters/PhD in Epidemiology, Health Economics or Statistics with or a MD/DrPH/PharmD in a scientific discipline more than 10 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of drug development process and familiarity with international regulatory requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of client issues associated with RWE and ability to translate Evidera offerings into innovative client solutions.
- Outlook, MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to read and understand SAS/STATA output preferred
- Must possess the ability to establish new and maintain existing client relationships
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced scientific methods.
- The role will require travel and flexibility to work across time zones.
Who we are?
Evidera is a business within Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), and a is a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions. We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive and understand information & ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require travel.
What we offer?
We know that if you are provided with the right support and resources needed you will thrive! Therefore, Evidera offers a great mix of compensation and benefits options to show you how valuable you are to the organization.
Some of our perks include:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous benefits package, including healthcare, dental, vision and paid time off to spent with your friends and family
- Flexible working environment by offering fully remote work for most of our positions, to support work-life balance
- Clear opportunities for growth and career progression. We offer multiple Learning & Development programs, coaching and mentoring trainings, career planning and discussions to help you grow as a professional.
- Access to Employee Well-being programs and services. We value your emotional health and offer a variety of programs to support your mental healthcare.
- Collaborative working environment with focus on Diversity and Inclusion. At Evidera, we respect one another and recognize that our diversity makes our business stronger. We strive to be an inclusive organization where colleagues can be their authentic selves and grow their careers.
- Global exposure: Opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers around the globe.
- Smooth onboarding process with your own dedicated onboarding specialist and a working buddy to help you navigate through your first few weeks thus ensuring great start to your new role.
Our 4i Values:
Our 4i Values are critical components in accomplishing our mission. These values guide us and, ultimately, define us.
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with them and wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, submit your application – we’d love to hear from you!*
*only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Organization: *US BU
Title: Senior Research Scientist (Epidemiology) - Real-World Evidence/Data Analytics
Requisition ID: 202705
Other Locations: US-WA-Seattle, CA-CA-St-Laurent, US-NY-New York, GB-GB-London, US-CA-San Francisco, US-MA-Boston
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs