Boston Properties Senior Property Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Primary Purpose of Position:
Manage and oversee overall property management operations, revenue maximization, expense control, and tenant relations in assigned portfolio or property independently and/or through the management of staff.
• Provide leadership and direction related to the day-to-day operations for assigned portfolio or property including tenant relations, security, life safety, landscaping, parking, operations & maintenance, capital projects, and financial management.
• Develop the annual operating and capex budgets and implement the business plan at the property level including formulating and submitting quarterly accruals, budget reforecasts, providing explanations for variances and any required financial reporting.
• Manage and oversee capex projects in assigned properties as required.
• Maintain familiarity with all sections of leases related to operating provisions, services/additional services, expenses, tenants use and landlords obligations.
• Engage contractors with sufficient technical expertise to service the property in accordance with lease requirements and company standards.
• Solicit, negotiate and administer service contracts as required.
• Liaise with other departments to drive projects and ensure service levels and operations are maintained.
• Review and approve all property invoices.
• Provide operational back up to site-wide operations projects/ staff for all areas of the property, including retail and common area.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team on tenant appreciation events.
• Actively participate in the collections process by regularly communicating with tenants and the appropriate regional staff, providing support as required.
• Maintain frequent contact with tenants focusing on improving service delivery and client satisfaction.
• Review tenant alteration plans prior to commencement of work and confirm all required documentation is obtained.
• Provide additional services to tenants and enhance work order revenue.
• Regularly inspect tenant space, public and mechanical areas and ground areas to ensure property maintenance and cleanliness.
• Regularly tour tenant space construction projects to ensure that building systems as well as occupied common areas adjacent to construction area are not negatively impacted.
• Effectively manage and mentor management level staff for future growth to increase and enhance their knowledge of commercial property management as well as advocate for their continued training.
• Routinely assess staff performance and conduct reviews as appropriate.
• Provide or arrange for employee training programs as needed.
• Develop and maintain strong business relationships with tenants, vendors and the local business community.
• Resolve matters relating to crisis management, injury & illness prevention and maintenance of the region's business continuity plan.
• Lead the coordination and execution of various regional portfolio initiatives, projects and strategic planning.
• Meet regularly with janitorial, landscaping, parking, snow removal, maintenance and security contractors to review quality of work and adherence to specifications.
• Oversee timely execution of the BP Loss Control Program and Emergency Response Planning. Ensure employees are trained, drilled and materials are updated periodically.
• Investigate and report all accidents/property damage to appropriate management and authorities.
• Manage property level energy use and conservation efforts.
• Communicate to retailers, office tenants and community via comprehension of marketing program and/or duties of the public relations firms.
• Provide feedback to vendors on contract employee’s performance as needed.
• Assist BP Leasing Group as required including conducting leasing tours.
• Monitor the status of vendor’s insurance certificate requirements.
• Responsibility for emergency response procedures for property
• Maintain a working knowledge of Company databases and informational/reporting tools.
• Stay abreast of advances in Property Management practices through affiliation with professional organizations, such as BOMA, IREM, ICSC, USGBC and/or professional development courses/seminars.
• Participate in community partners’ organizations
• Management, implementation and accountability of parking operations
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Region/Building Specific Functions:
• Active participation with RTCA and RUCA Board of Directors including Design Review Board (DC, RTC)
• Build and manage relationships with County officials including Police and Fire Departments. (DC)
• Supervise shuttle bus operations. (BOS, BCCC)
• Supervise cafeteria food service provider. (BOS, BCCC)
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business Administration or Real Estate related field required.
• 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible Class A commercial office property management experience required.
• Certification as Real Property Administrator (RPAâ) and/or Certified Property Manager (CPMâ) preferred.
• Continuing education toward LEED certification highly desirable.
• Proven ability to execute "best in class" building operations, with a strong technical understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems as well as a solid understanding of structural design concepts required.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Familiarity with ADA and OSHA.
• Working knowledge of security and life safety protocol.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Ability to work autonomously and also as a productive member of a team.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities, and motivate others to do the same.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
• Superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Flexibility with schedule.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
• Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
• Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio usually performed by walking and by climbing stairs.
• Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
• Regularly required to bend and reach.
• Regularly use hands and fingers to write and type.
• Regularly required to talk and hear.
• Occasionally required to crouch, climb stairs and ladders and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
• Occasionally exposed to vibration or noise as well as dust.
• Vision abilities allowing reading of printed material, graphics, computer displays and physical inspections of properties and sites.
Internal and External Contacts:
This position interacts extensively with all levels of employees within Boston Properties, with tenants and the public.
This position reports directly to the head of Property Management or a Regional Property Manager who provides supervision, guidance and evaluates work performance on a periodic basis.
- Boston Properties Jobs