VMware Senior Manager, Commercial Solution Engineering - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Boston, Massachusetts
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT with multi-cloud, app modernization, digital workspaces, virtual cloud networks and security as fundamental technology platforms. Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. We are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community.
Come join the VMware Commercial Team!
The VMware Commercial Organization is a fast growing business serving small, medium and large customers across many industries. Come be part of a start-up within one of the greatest technology companies in the world. The Solution Engineering team is the trusted advisor to customers while positioning VMware products and solutions to deliver on their business imperatives. This team consults with our customers to help them understand the business value and technical capabilities of VMware’s broad portfolio by working with specialists and partners to design outcomes that make our customers successful. The Commercial Solution Engineering organization is well respected within VMware and considered thought leaders and trusted partners to our sales teams, product teams, partners and of course our customers.
The Sr. Manager, Solution Engineering will manage team of 10+ field Solution Engineers that are chartered to build trusted customer relationships and align customer business outcomes and technical requirements to VMware products and solutions. He / She will report directly to the Sr. Director, Solution Engineering and is expected to recruit, develop and coach the West Commercial Solution Engineering team. The Sr. Manager, Solution Engineering collaborates closely with regional sales leaders, product specialist teams, professional services, customer support and partners to design and deploy solutions that will increase customer adoption of VMware’s rapidly growing portfolio.
• 10 or more years of relevant IT or industry experience in customer-facing positions preferably within the Enterprise Software and services space.
• 5+ years of experience recruiting and leading successful and diverse pre-sales teams in the technology sector.
• Proven ability to work closely with field sales organizations involving joint client presentations and opportunity pursuits.
• Demonstrate ability to build, lead and motivate a team of highly experienced pre-sales engineers.
• The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing, high-performance teams and has experience partnering with sales in order to grow revenue.
• Pre-sales operational and business acumen for organizational planning, reporting, forecasting and customer centric collaboration across internal teams.
• Maintain an understanding and working knowledge of VMware product offerings and solutions as well as deliver the VMware vision and company direction.
• Participate as an active member of pre-sales leadership team focused on setting and driving organizational direction and priorities.
• Maintain technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
• Presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
• While working remotely have the ability to travel as required throughout the western United States region.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-15
Sales: VMware’s Sales team focuses on two primary goals: helping customers solve their biggest business problems and hitting our bookings targets to keep our company growing and strong. We begin by forging deep relationships with our customers, so we can truly understand their business challenges and opportunities. We help drive their digital transformation by bringing VMware solutions that provide the speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow in the Internet economy. We also try to make the world a better place by hosting and participating in community activities. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference with VMware’s portfolio of industry-leading solutions. Join our team, and you can grow your career and share in the success of an industry pioneer that’s turning companies into truly digital enterprises.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs