S&P Global Senior Economist in Boston, Massachusetts
The Pricing and Purchasing team delivers vital price, cost and inflation information that helps companies recognize millions of dollars in cost savings. We construct the cost structure of our clients’ suppliers and provide a detailed analysis of their prices, costs, demand, and productivity. This gives our clients a strategic advantage in negotiating with suppliers, as well as a “blueprint” of when to make big purchases, and why. As a member of this growing team, you will develop, enhance, and expand our analyses and forecasts with specific emphasis on translating insights into relevant, actionable client solutions.
In this position, the economist will monitor, forecast, and present the price outlook for the assigned industry. The candidate will work directly with clients explaining our current outlook, answering ad-hoc pricing questions, demonstrating our price forecast methodology and support sales.
Specifically you will:
• Forecast near-term prices for a global buying audience
• Actively participate in forecast model development efforts, including equation estimation and forecast process optimization
• Coordinate modeling and forecast processes with other internal teams
• Create monthly and quarterly reports with emphasis on context and market relevance
• Respond to clients’ research-related questions by providing thought leadership and timely insight
• Present forecasts to clients, at conferences and engage with media
• Support sales efforts
• BA/MA in Economics plus at least 5 years of related experience.
Required Skills and Attributes:
• Statistical / modeling experience, preferably in EViews
• Strong and adaptable research and analytical skills, including ability to interpret data and research, and write/produce structured, compelling reports
• Ability to prioritize workload and work under deadlines and pressure
• Customer-focused background
• Self-starter, attention to detail
• Excellent English speaking and writing capabilities
Compensation/Benefits Information: S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Market Intelligence partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 282613
Posted On: 2023-03-08
Location: Washington DC, District of Columbia, United States
- S&P Global Jobs